Has Obama Just Insured A 2nd Term?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Strange little man.
I always thought he said that making jobs was his #1 priority. Notice any projects, laws or programs to begin that yet ?

I have 6 or 7 big green signs on my freeway that say "Your money at work". I think it's like $5000 a sign to erect them. My money being wasted. Quit announcing the work, little man, and just do it !!!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
http://www.mywesttexas.com/business/oil/article_e7f32d45-fab8-5025-afa9-26a00d768910.html
A three-inch lizard that thrives in desert conditions could shut down oil and gas operations in portions of Southeast New Mexico and in West Texas, including the state's top two oil producing counties.
Called the Dunes Sagebrush Lizard, it is being considered for inclusion on the federal Endangered Species listing by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. A public rally to oppose this move is being sponsored by the Permian Basin Petroleum Association on Tuesday, April 26 at Midland Center beginning at 5 p.m. Congressman Mike Conaway will speak, as will Land Commissioner Jerry Patterson; other public officials have been invited.
"We are very concerned about the Fish and Wildlife Service listing," said Ben Shepperd, president of the PBPA, noting the service also has proposed listing the Lesser Prairie Chicken next year. "The wolf at the door is the lizard; we're concerned listing it would shut down drilling activity for a minimum of two years and as many as five years while the service determines what habitat is needed for the lizard. That means no drilling, no seismic surveys, no roads built, no electric lines."
The move would impact activity in Andrews, Crane, Gaines, Ward and Winkler counties in Texas and Chaves, Eddy, Lea and Roosevelt counties in New Mexico.
Not only would the move impact oil and gas operations but agriculture, Shepperd noted, shutting down agricultural activities like grazing and farming -- "anything that disturbs the habitat." While the industry is perfectly willing to undertake conservation measures to protect the lizard's habitat, he said, naming it an endangered species "would shut down activity and be devastating not only to Permian Basin economies but to the national economy.

Read more: Could a three-inch lizard collapse the West Texas oil industry? - Mywesttexas.com: Oil http://www.mywesttexas.com/business...ab8-5025-afa9-26a00d768910.html#ixzz1Kls6HUib
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Anyone else notice that bhos has not made any statements about all the bad weather currently going on. No fly overs to see for himself. It's like he could care less.

To be fair, while the damage has been severe, none of the affected areas has warranted a Presidential fly over. I do agree that it would have been appropriate for him to have at least mentioned it during one of his press conferences.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
http://www.mywesttexas.com/business/oil/article_e7f32d45-fab8-5025-afa9-26a00d768910.html
A three-inch lizard that thrives in desert conditions could shut down oil and gas operations in portions of Southeast New Mexico and in West Texas, including the state's top two oil producing counties.
Called the Dunes Sagebrush Lizard, it is being considered for inclusion on the federal Endangered Species listing by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. A public rally to oppose this move is being sponsored by the Permian Basin Petroleum Association on Tuesday, April 26 at Midland Center beginning at 5 p.m. Congressman Mike Conaway will speak, as will Land Commissioner Jerry Patterson; other public officials have been invited.
"We are very concerned about the Fish and Wildlife Service listing," said Ben Shepperd, president of the PBPA, noting the service also has proposed listing the Lesser Prairie Chicken next year. "The wolf at the door is the lizard; we're concerned listing it would shut down drilling activity for a minimum of two years and as many as five years while the service determines what habitat is needed for the lizard. That means no drilling, no seismic surveys, no roads built, no electric lines."
The move would impact activity in Andrews, Crane, Gaines, Ward and Winkler counties in Texas and Chaves, Eddy, Lea and Roosevelt counties in New Mexico.
Not only would the move impact oil and gas operations but agriculture, Shepperd noted, shutting down agricultural activities like grazing and farming -- "anything that disturbs the habitat." While the industry is perfectly willing to undertake conservation measures to protect the lizard's habitat, he said, naming it an endangered species "would shut down activity and be devastating not only to Permian Basin economies but to the national economy.

Read more: Could a three-inch lizard collapse the West Texas oil industry? - Mywesttexas.com: Oil http://www.mywesttexas.com/business...ab8-5025-afa9-26a00d768910.html#ixzz1Kls6HUib

Ever hear of the food chain?

moreluck

golden ticket member
To be fair, while the damage has been severe, none of the affected areas has warranted a Presidential fly over. I do agree that it would have been appropriate for him to have at least mentioned it during one of his press conferences.

Tuscaloosa just had parts of the town obliterated.....says the mayor.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have 6 or 7 big green signs on my freeway that say "Your money at work". I think it's like $5000 a sign to erect them. My money being wasted. Quit announcing the work, little man, and just do it !!!

What about all of the money Bush wasted when they sent out the stimulus checks. We got a letter saying the check was coming, we received the check, and then received a letter making sure we received the check.

moreluck

golden ticket member

Remember they turned off the water in Central CA. because of some stupid fish and dried the farmers right out of business.....farms that were in families for hundred years or more and the little smelt took precedence.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
His administration is all about saving the planet , it's just bad luck that people will be losing their homes & jobs. I sure hope those people remember to vote.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
BERNANKE: Here comes the inflation...
Banks Warn Obama on Soaring Debt Problems...
Afghan officer fires on U.S. troops, kills 9...
Obama Administration to Top Pharmaceutical Exec Howard Solomon: You're Fired

Obama’s Green Energy Plants Create “Toxic Brew Of Pollutants”

You're right but I posted it to show that Obama does not hold the patent on wasting $$$.
I don't know that was suggested, but he sure isn't doing a lot to "Change" that.
They talk like old lady pennypincher before the election and once they are in the start spending money like a redneck that just won the lottery...he boys, have one of these $10 dollar ceeegars, we'll light um up with this here hunner dolla bill.

moreluck

golden ticket member
wolverton.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
There's always a way to strike back against the elitist moonbats who are methodically destroying our country and the shameless liars who use the media to keep them in power — even if it's just by placing a few sticky notes:

sticky-note-campaign-1.jpg

sticky-note-campaign-2.jpg

sticky-note-campaign-3.jpg

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
There's always a way to strike back against the elitist moonbats who are methodically destroying our country and the shameless liars who use the media to keep them in power — even if it's just by placing a few sticky notes:
sticky-note-campaign-1.jpg

sticky-note-campaign-2.jpg

sticky-note-campaign-3.jpg

Perhaps you could place the stickers along the rim of your tinfoil hat. That way, people will have something to read while they laugh at you.