Have we had a strike authorization vote since 2003?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I know we did in 1997. The 2008 contract was settled early due to pension changes.

There was a strike vote on the 2002 contract...The 2008 was about the Central States buyout and had to be settled before the new year in order to pay a federal penalties for underfunded red line pensions funds....The 2013 was again settled early, main cause was the UPS did not want to pay the expected Health and Welfare costs associated with Obamacare.
Also the master passed by 4200 votes nationwide, it did take a while to settled the failed supplements, Hence the "Retro Bonus scenario".

1989NW

What is the process of a strike authorization?
How long after it is sent out will be know if we are going on strike or not?

1989NW

Do you not go to any union meetings?
I do not. There is not even a union steward in my center and i do not know why. If we need to speak to a steward it is over the phone. Or if it is a pretty serious issue then they might send one to our center. I am in a tiny little town and if we wanted to attend any of the meetings it would be a 1hr 45min drive to the city where our big hub and union hall is. 90% of the teamsters in my center probably have no idea that its even a contract Year.

I do not. There is not even a union steward in my center and i do not know why. If we need to speak to a steward it is over the phone. Or if it is a pretty serious issue then they might send one to our center. I am in a tiny little town and if we wanted to attend any of the meetings it would be a 1hr 45min drive to the city where our big hub and union hall is. 90% of the teamsters in my center probably have no idea that its even a contract Year.
Maybe you should run for steward?

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Ignorance is bliss ... just say a mantra.

Kidlogic

Its only authorization. The union may still continue to negotiate. It is just a playing card in the whole process. No one will know until it happens, As long as there is progress it could or not happen months after the authorization.

1989NW

I know this is a stupid question, but have you ever heard of the internet?
That is a stupid question being to the fact that we are both currently on the internet. What's your point? There is somewhere on the internet that can answer this question other than browncafe, ups rising, and FB?