Have we had a strike authorization vote since 2003?

Tony Q

That is a stupid question being to the fact that we are both currently on the internet. What's your point? There is somewhere on the internet that can answer this question other than browncafe, ups rising, and FB?
Okay I'll bite. Look at your original post. You could easily look up what a strike authorization vote is. While you are at it you could google you local union and get their phone number. Once you have acquired the digits you could call them up.

1989NW

Okay I'll bite. Look at your original post. You could easily look up what a strike authorization vote is. While you are at it you could google you local union and get their phone number. Once you have acquired the digits you could call them up.
But this is much easier and you already answered my question. You said i should use the internet to get the answer and that's exactly what i did. Thanks man

Chester

You will know it when, if we strike. This authorization is here to show the company we mean business.
I really doubt the authorization means anything to UPS especially with Taylor running negotiations. A lot of tough strike talk on here, I’m just curious what everyone will do for insurance? Don’t tell me you’ll use Cobra either.

upschuck

I really doubt the authorization means anything to UPS especially with Taylor running negotiations. A lot of tough strike talk on here, I’m just curious what everyone will do for insurance? Don’t tell me you’ll use Cobra either.
Last strike, the local said, those in Teamcare would not lose their insurance, those in company plan, he didn't know.

Chester

I'm.nit talking about myself. Just the vibe I get from other workers and people on here.
I certainly don’t see it at our bldg anymore, last year we filed and were paid over $50k in 9.5 grievances, this year is less than $1k. They’ve added 8 FT drivers, i haven’t worked over 9.5 since January.