Helene aftermath

Doublestandards

Republicans show care by trying to stop the flow across the border. The problem with too many of the liberal persuasion is they don't want anything stopping the flow of their favorite party narcotics. That stronger stuff gets in too and people are dying from it is just unfortunate collateral damage.
if republicans cared about fentanyl deaths, they wouldn’t make fentanyl test kits illegal, like they do in texas

Also 97% of fentanyl is produced by China, and is mostly coming in through other ways besides unsecured parts of the border

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Fentanyl test kits are illegal in texas. If you were truly worried about people dying from fentanyl, you wouldn’t make it illegal to test for fentanyl
Nonsense.

Texas Republicans have passed many laws to fight the fentanyl epidemic. Giving opiate addicts a way to feel safer using drugs that are killing them wasn't among those laws.

If you were truly worried, you wouldn't be parroting silly talking points while supporting the political party that wants open borders and legalized drugs.

vantexan

if republicans cared about fentanyl deaths, they wouldn’t make fentanyl test kits illegal, like they do in texas

Also 97% of fentanyl is produced by China, and is mostly coming in through other ways besides unsecured parts of the border
Every state except Alaska had laws against fentanyl testing strips. Texas decriminalized them in April of 2023.

Doesn't change my theory that a major factor in being against a wall is those who do party drugs are afraid of losing their supply.

Fentanyl is produced in Mexico by the cartels who obtain its components from China. And yes most fentanyl comes across the southern border. For someone so opinionated I can only conclude you're. being disingenuous. Surely you aren't this unaware?

Last edited:

Doublestandards

Nonsense.

Texas Republicans have passed many laws to fight the fentanyl epidemic. Giving opiate addicts a way to feel safer using drugs that are killing them wasn't among those laws.
…yeah. Exactly. Fentanyl is killing them. And they’re addicted. Fentanyl test strips are an easy, cheap and quick way to test that what theybare consuming isn’t laced with fentanyl

It’s also goes for moderate users of other “party” drugs to ensure their drugs arent laced with fentanyl

I get you’re a fan of big government authoritarian style now days, but prohibition doesn’t work. Just like teaching kids abstinence doesn’t work, it’s better to teach them the risks so they can be informed and give them tools to be as safe as possible.

Doublestandards

. And yes most fentanyl comes across the southern border. For someone so opinionated I can only conclude you're. being disingenuous. Surely you aren't this unaware?
It comes through cargo and couriers, and yes the southern border, but the vast majority is being smuggled through legal check points and by American citizens

vantexan

…yeah. Exactly. Fentanyl is killing them. And they’re addicted. Fentanyl test strips are an easy, cheap and quick way to test that what theybare consuming isn’t laced with fentanyl

It’s also goes for moderate users of other “party” drugs to ensure their drugs arent laced with fentanyl

I get you’re a fan of big government authoritarian style now days, but prohibition doesn’t work. Just like teaching kids abstinence doesn’t work, it’s better to teach them the risks so they can be informed and give them tools to be as safe as possible.
It comes through cargo and couriers, and yes the southern border, but the vast majority is being smuggled through legal check points and by American citizens
How do you know that the vast majority.is coming through legal check points? Someone who's against the wall told you?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I used to believe that nonsense too.
You need to consider different viewpoints.

Your logic would have us legalize heroin.
That is radical and dangerous. It's also not in line with what most Americans want. So, typical for modern DNC.

Doublestandards

I used to believe that nonsense too.
You need to consider different viewpoints.

Your logic would have us legalize heroin.
That is radical and dangerous. It's also not in line with what most Americans want. So, typical for modern DNC.
Do you believe that accessible fentanyl test kits would result in more fentanyl deaths?

Doublestandards

You want legal recreational fentanyl.
Do you think that would result in more fentanyl deaths?
No I don’t. I think just like we saw with alcohol prohibition, it doesn’t work, people still did it, crime rose and people died from tainted product

But even if that weren’t the case, I value personal freedom and liberty over big government over issues like these

“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery” Thomas Jefferson

I realize making drugs illegal is not considered slavery, but I trust you get my point

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
prohibition doesn’t work.
You want legal recreational fentanyl.
No I don’t.
Oooookaaay
I think just like we saw with alcohol prohibition, it doesn’t work, people still did it, crime rose and people died from tainted product

But even if that weren’t the case, I value personal freedom and liberty over big government over issues like these
Make up your mind.

Total nonsense.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
… I said “no I don’t” in response to your question. That you asked me
LMFAO

I didn't even consider you could actually believe that legalizing recreational fentanyl wouldn't result in more fentanyl deaths.

I mean wow, guess there's nothing to talk about because apparently you live in a different reality.

Doublestandards

LMFAO

I didn't even consider you could actually believe that legalizing recreational fentanyl wouldn't result in more fentanyl deaths.

I mean wow, guess there's nothing to talk about because apparently you live in a different reality.
Yeah… really funny and crazy idea to think that legalizing and regulating a product would result in less tainted drugs, and less people unknowingly ingesting said drug….

I’d guess that the majority of fentanyl deaths are from people who don’t even know they’re ingesting fentanyl, or how much of it, since it is illegal and being produced by unregulated sources.

And you must have missed this part, so I’ll leave it again. ““I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery” Thomas Jefferson