Highland Park, Illinois Parade Shooting

Thebrownblob

theres not tons of $30/hr jobs. theres been a labor shortage maybe since covid but with globalization, financialization its been really rough for americans.

you used to manufacture things. you dont do this anymore. its overwhelmingly finance.
I could find you more than two dozen jobs today that pay over $30 an hour right here where I live. Most kids don’t want to do it because they don’t want to work the hours or they don’t want to stop smoking pot

rickyb

I could find you more than two dozen jobs today that pay over $30 an hour right here where I live. Most kids don’t want to do it because they don’t want to work the hours or they don’t want to stop smoking pot
maybe only until recently theres been openings

i applied for healthcare for a long time locally before i got in. its not some kind of mystery we all know why you voted trump for god sakes that was one of his major promises to bring back manufacturing which is what your economy used to be based on.

now you just make weapons.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

i applied for healthcare for a long time locally before i got in. its not some kind of mystery we all know why you voted trump for god sakes that was one of his major promises to bring back manufacturing which is what your economy used to be based on.

That’s it change the subject.

UnionStrong

alot of the ECG techs and RTs at my old hospital job also noticed theres not that many good jobs
Not much call for crackheads these days, it’s a down job market. They’re looking for GOOD workers, not whining little girly men.

Thebrownblob

I voted for Trump? Are you sure? Are you confident I ever vote in national elections? You are making excuses for why you don’t want to work in a certain segment if you want to be in healthcare I cannot tell you what they pay I have no dealings there. I could walk you over to any one of the three local car plants in my area and you could start work today for $29.80 and all you would have to do is pass a drug screen and be able to drive a car and Park it. You would get time and a half on Saturday double time on Sunday and double time on holidays. And you can make your own hours. And they can’t find people to do it.

UnionStrong

I voted for Trump? Are you sure? Are you confident I ever vote in national elections? You are making excuses for why you don’t want to work in a certain segment if you want to be in healthcare I cannot tell you what they pay I have no dealings there. I could walk you over to any one of the three local car plants in my area and you could start work today for $29.80 and all you would have to do is pass a drug screen and be able to drive a car and Park it. You would get time and a half on Saturday double time on Sunday and double time on holidays. And you can make your own hours. And they can’t find people to do it.
First, he ain’t passing the drug test, and second, he would never be able to work 8 hrs without his head bobbing on the way home.

Thebrownblob

First, he ain’t passing the drug test, and second, he would never be able to work 8 hrs without his head bobbing on the way home.
I’m not certain if you could pass the screen or not that’s not my business LOL but that is the one of the easiest jobs I could get him of two dozen that I personally could vouch him to have. And none of them require anything more than a high school diploma and a willingness to roll up your sleeves. Although driving new vehicles and parking them is not all that difficult.

rickyb

you got it wrong

its opiods. and its escapism from the despair modern america has turned into

Thebrownblob

you sure as hell dont make $30/hr...
Calm down no need to be rude the point here is there is plenty of opportunity that is not the reason this kid did what he did. He may of believed there was no opportunity but that’s because he was lying to himself just as you are. 90% of what we do is about our attitude.

rickyb

as an ecg tech at a hospital i only made more than 30 bc i was casual with no benefits besides a pension.