Hybrid driver, who’s idea was it?

DOK

Just as the title asks. Was it the union or Ups who came up with and pushed the hybrid driver idea? Think about it before you answer.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Just as the title asks. Was it the union or Ups who came up with and pushed the hybrid driver idea? Think about it before you answer.
I don’t know whose idea it was first. We were told, as one of the first Saturday Ground implemented areas in the country, that the company wanted to create part time weekend drivers to do the work, and the union said absolutely not. Now we all here the union is pushing for it. Doesn’t make sense.

F

Frankie's Friend

I don’t know whose idea it was first. We were told, as one of the first Saturday Ground implemented areas in the country, that the company wanted to create part time weekend drivers to do the work, and the union said absolutely not. Now we all here the union is pushing for it. Doesn’t make sense.
I blame Bush.

But several media and other sources said it was the union's offer initially....
discussed in prior company/union dialog?
IDK

How bout it @Tony Q ?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Kinda makes sense to use lower seniority or lower paid hourly drivers for weekend work... less stress because it's mostly residential stops and someone here said resis aren't that profitable

Plus gives the lower drivers more seat time on the road.

Sure , they'll be covering more area like a typical FedEx driver on Saturday but with OrioN printouts, they can swing it without driving totally in the blind.

Wut happened to the PVDs phone apps? They can use them as well...

My FedEx Home Delivery route has 3 UPS drivers ALL year long.

During peak, my stops triple in volume & the subcontractor has to find 2 supplemental drivers before thanksgiving or it's gonna be nasty. I'll go from driving 230 miles/ day to 70~90 miles for peak season.

MAKAVELI

Banned
Kinda makes sense to use lower seniority or lower paid hourly drivers for weekend work... less stress because it's mostly residential stops and someone here said resis aren't that profitable

Plus gives the lower drivers more seat time on the road.

Sure , they'll be covering more area like a typical FedEx driver on Saturday but with OrioN printouts, they can swing it without driving totally in the blind.

Wut happened to the PVDs phone apps? They can use them as well...

My FedEx Home Delivery route has 3 UPS drivers ALL year long.

During peak, my stops triple in volume & the subcontractor has to find 2 supplemental drivers before thanksgiving or it's gonna be nasty. I'll go from driving 230 miles/ day to 70~90 miles for peak season.
Well since you work Saturdays, I'm sure you're willing to take a pay cut for that day.

OrioN

I'm already taking a pay cut in relation to UPS, or FedEx Express .... for the whole year.

I'm just seeing why they're proposing that to the brownie company

OrioN

I welcome any raises from my subcontractor or not setup to fail service otherwise I would have moved on to something better

I'm not being abused as much anymore and not staying out until midnight all year long nowadays with my new manager.

Still waiting on the new single system to take effect... to see if I can stay on for another peak season

Boston25

I personally believe that Denis T didn't come up with that proposal on his own. I believe that he was working it all out with UPS from the get go.

OrioN

tenor.gif

Nevertheless, don't become like FedEx ground, vote NO for your future teamsters