I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

vantexan

You over share on this site.
Everyone knows you are obese and broke, because you told us.

You moved to a third world country and abandoned your family because you didn't want to work to support them. Somehow you even failed at that, and moved back here to take a temporary job with UPS. And then you failed at that too....

As for politics, if you cant see there's no difference between republicans and democrats, I understand why you're so angry and small minded all the time.

Carry on.
When did I tell you I was obese? When did I tell you I was broke? I came back because my wife insisted. But I can't do crap jobs, hurts my feet being on them too long. The walking I do? About 20 minutes per hour until I get two in. And just so you know(going to share, brace yourself), I got married to her 5 years ago because she said she wanted to live overseas too. Talked me into quitting FedEx because she wanted to do it right away. It was all a ploy to get me up to Kansas. Even this time she said come back, I'm ready to retire, let's go to Colombia. Only she isn't. This time however I'm going to stay, and if she wants to see me she can come there, or meet me in Florida when I visit my parents. You are very quick to judge without knowing circumstances. I didn't run like a dog all of those years so that I can live in an area that's too damn hot in the summer, too damn cold in the winter, and too expensive for my pension. Nor did I sign up to have her bad attitude 26 year old daughter move in with us under false pretenses and not go to school like she claimed she would. She makes more than we do and gives us $400 a month to live here, a big chunk of which goes back to her because her mother feeds her. So you can rake me over the coals all you want, I'll be smiling my head off in about 7 weeks. And I'm still going to take Social Security at 62 and pay off my wife's house. I got married for life, but it doesn't mean I have to give up my own life to people who lie to me.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
When did I tell you I was obese? When did I tell you I was broke? I came back because my wife insisted. But I can't do crap jobs, hurts my feet being on them too long. The walking I do? About 20 minutes per hour until I get two in. And just so you know(going to share, brace yourself), I got married to her 5 years ago because she said she wanted to live overseas too. Talked me into quitting FedEx because she wanted to do it right away. It was all a ploy to get me up to Kansas. Even this time she said come back, I'm ready to retire, let's go to Colombia. Only she isn't. This time however I'm going to stay, and if she wants to see me she can come there, or meet me in Florida when I visit my parents. You are very quick to judge without knowing circumstances. I didn't run like a dog all of those years so that I can live in an area that's too damn hot in the summer, too damn cold in the winter, and too expensive for my pension. Not did I sign up to have her bad attitude 26 year old daughter move in with us under false pretenses and not go to school like she claimed she wanted. She makes more than we do and gives us $400 a month to live here, a big chunk of which goes back to her because her mother feeds her. So you can rake me over the coals all you want, I'll be smiling my head off in about 7 weeks. And I'm still going to take Social Security at 62 and pay off my wife's house. I got married for life, but it doesn't mean I have to give up my own life to people who lie to me.
tldr

It will be fine

My poor life choices? You exploit the working class for your personal gain.
I own a company and provide people with jobs, I thought that’s your solution to everything. You are in such poor health, both physical and financial, you are abondoning your family to live in the third world.

vantexan

I own a company and provide people with jobs, I thought that’s your solution to everything. You are in such poor health, both physical and financial, you are abondoning your family to live in the third world.
My $1840 a month where I'll be living in Colombia is the equivalent of $5300 a month net pay in Overland Park, KS. It will allow us to pay off the house and get a nest egg for down the road. Mexicans and Central Americans aren't the only ones crossing the border with a strategy. Funny how they're saintly princes for doing it but I'm somehow corrupt.

vantexan

My solution is companies pay their managers and executives well, but not to the point that regular employees must live like paupers. If you're doing really well while your employees scrape by, and you'd still do well if you'd pay them 4 or 5 thousand extra each, then you're an exploiter.

Last edited:

My $1840 a month where I'll be living in Colombia is the equivalent of $5300 a month net pay in Overland Park, KS. It will allow us to pay off the house and get a nest egg for down the road. Mexicans and Central Americans aren't the only ones crossing the border with a strategy. Funny how they're saintly princes for doing it but I'm somehow corrupt.
To be fair, you are good unless you over stay your visa.

vantexan

Is it safe for Americans there?
Ask the thousands of Americans living there. :) It's not perfect, but Colombia has come a long way in the last 15 years. Parts of the biggest cities are pretty dangerous, but a lot of places are fine. Medellin used to be the most dangerous city in the world but it's fallen off the 50 most dangerous cities list and there are at least a half dozen U.S. cities that are more dangerous.

rickyb

Ask the thousands of Americans living there. :) It's not perfect, but Colombia has come a long way in the last 15 years. Parts of the biggest cities are pretty dangerous, but a lot of places are fine. Medellin used to be the most dangerous city in the world but it's fallen off the 50 most dangerous cities list and there are at least a half dozen U.S. cities that are more dangerous.
life expectancy in colombia is relatively high but i consider america's life expectancy to be drastically lower than other developed countries and so ditto for colombia.

rickyb

My solution is companies pay their managers and executives well, but not to the point that regular employees must live like paupers. If you're doing really well while your employees scrape by, and you'd still do well if you'd pay them 4 or 5 thousand extra each, then you're an exploiter.
When did I tell you I was obese? When did I tell you I was broke? I came back because my wife insisted. But I can't do crap jobs, hurts my feet being on them too long. The walking I do? About 20 minutes per hour until I get two in. And just so you know(going to share, brace yourself), I got married to her 5 years ago because she said she wanted to live overseas too. Talked me into quitting FedEx because she wanted to do it right away. It was all a ploy to get me up to Kansas. Even this time she said come back, I'm ready to retire, let's go to Colombia. Only she isn't. This time however I'm going to stay, and if she wants to see me she can come there, or meet me in Florida when I visit my parents. You are very quick to judge without knowing circumstances. I didn't run like a dog all of those years so that I can live in an area that's too damn hot in the summer, too damn cold in the winter, and too expensive for my pension. Nor did I sign up to have her bad attitude 26 year old daughter move in with us under false pretenses and not go to school like she claimed she would. She makes more than we do and gives us $400 a month to live here, a big chunk of which goes back to her because her mother feeds her. So you can rake me over the coals all you want, I'll be smiling my head off in about 7 weeks. And I'm still going to take Social Security at 62 and pay off my wife's house. I got married for life, but it doesn't mean I have to give up my own life to people who lie to me.
my feet get sore too from standing too long.

obviously running shoes and insoles are your best bet.

right now i do a job where im sitting quite frequently so i can get away with wearing stiffer shoes.