I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

Box Ox

Saw this on Reddit today, @rickyb . Maybe you can sign up to be an extra during filming and bag a little evil capitalist money?

"Amazon has commissioned a new Canadian original comedy series titled “The Sticky,” Variety has learned.

The series is inspired by the true story of “The Great Canadian Maple Syrup Heist.” The English language half-hour series will be set in Quebec."

"The real heist involved the theft of $18 million dollars (CAD) of of Quebec’s national maple syrup, which is more than 70% of the global maple syrup supply. The series will begin filming in Montreal this fall."

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Saw this on Reddit today, @rickyb . Maybe you can sign up to be an extra during filming and bag a little evil capitalist money?

"Amazon has commissioned a new Canadian original comedy series titled “The Sticky,” Variety has learned.

The series is inspired by the true story of “The Great Canadian Maple Syrup Heist.” The English language half-hour series will be set in Quebec."

"The real heist involved the theft of $18 million dollars (CAD) of of Quebec’s national maple syrup, which is more than 70% of the global maple syrup supply. The series will begin filming in Montreal this fall."
Nothing else of value up there. Pelts?

rickyb

they shouldve been wall st executives, then they could robbed the banks theyre supposed to run and get bailout bonuses

UnionStrong

Consevative robert george in favor of markets and more worker control at jobs
6FBEC942-40E8-407E-86EA-0DD4F0BA1D2B.gif

rickyb

Richard D. Wolff
@profwolff
·
Apr 19
Beware firms that don't seem to raise prices. They often reduce what you get for the same price. Examples: Charmin toilet paper (8% fewer sheets/ roll); Gatorade (13% fewer ounces/ bottle); Keebler cookies (13% fewer/ box). They profit more; we get less
cnn.com
Your toilet paper roll is slimming down
Slimmed down toilet paper, fewer cookies in a bag, less conditioner in squeeze tubes. The changes are subtle and might evade less discerning shoppers. But retail industry experts say we could see...

Box Ox

check out min wage in dallas and min wage in san fran and big mac prices!

You're doing the Big Mac thing again? 🤣

Thought I’d open up the McDonald’s app here in America and check this for you.

View attachment 358229

Whoops.
Wat state u in?
A southern one. But should that matter anyway?

Your source material disingenuously pegs the $5.82 price of a Big Mac to the $7.25 national minimum wage. Whereas in reality, a McDonald's charging $5.82 for a Big Mac is likely paying their workers quite a bit more due to a higher locally mandated minimum wage.
Yea bc i want to know ur min wage u nit

And no prices are not tied to costs
I'll try to make this easier for you, comrade.

View attachment 358238

UnionStrong

Richard D. Wolff
@profwolff
·
Apr 19
Beware firms that don't seem to raise prices. They often reduce what you get for the same price. Examples: Charmin toilet paper (8% fewer sheets/ roll); Gatorade (13% fewer ounces/ bottle); Keebler cookies (13% fewer/ box). They profit more; we get less
cnn.com
Slimmed down toilet paper, fewer cookies in a bag, less conditioner in squeeze tubes. The changes are subtle and might evade less discerning shoppers. But retail industry experts say we could see...
Less paper towels. There’s less or it’s more money. Same thing, it’s not like they’re being nefarious.

Box Ox

Richard D. Wolff
@profwolff
·
Apr 19
cnn.com

You're totally into buying less for the same or more, comrade. If you'll recall:

1.png

2.png

rickyb

You're totally into buying more for less, comrade. If you'll recall:

View attachment 381424

View attachment 381425
yea which means im right and i didnt notice.

control the past and you control the future

UnionStrong

yea bc ppl might not notice when theres less. its not like they advertise when theyre cutting back lol
You can’t help but notice unless you’re brain damaged. Gatorade changed the bottle shape months ago. Everyone knows the portions are shrinking, been happening for years.