I drink your milkshake! a metaphor for capitalism

Thebrownblob

they may very well implement something else, like turn our countries into authoritarian fortresses from climate refugees which i know you dont believe but thats something i think.
I do believe the authoritarian part, but I personally believe they are using climate fear to get us to bow. Because they’re not following their own advice they only want us to.

rickyb

I do believe the authoritarian part, but I personally believe they are using climate fear to get us to bow. Because they’re not following their own advice they only want us to.
the fake local news today had something on a super yacht and swooping birds amongst other segments which i briefly saw.

they could use global warming to attack our standard of living which is getting worse anyways. but they could use many things to do that.

Thebrownblob

the fake local news today had something on a super yacht and swooping birds amongst other segments which i briefly saw.

they could use global warming to attack our standard of living which is getting worse anyways. but they could use many things to do that.
I agree and they are going to use many things including shortages inflation and the implementation of a new form of digital money.

Thebrownblob

in orwells 1984 85% of the workers were poor, i think thats where things are headed
Orwell was a visionary I agree and I many of his writings were spot on I especially like animal farm.

But I really believe we are in Aldous Huxley brave New World. People are infatuated with being numb by pleasure and Drugs The government loves that because a dumbed down drugged out society can be rode over quite easily.

rickyb

Orwell was a visionary I agree and I many of his writings were spot on I especially like animal farm.

But I really believe we are in Aldous Huxley brave New World. People are infatuated with being numb by pleasure and Drugs The government loves that because a dumbed down drugged out society can be rode over quite easily.
they were both right. im not so familiar with huxley as orwell, i gotta check him out again

rickyb

I agree and they are going to use many things including shortages inflation and the implementation of a new form of digital money.
my pal at school said the credit card machines can sense visa cards within a certain distance making it easier for you to be tracked. :censored2: digital money, terrible idea right.

Thebrownblob

they were both right. im not so familiar with huxley as orwell, i gotta check him out again
Aldis Huxley had great insight because he was also deeply involved with the CIA and MKultra as well as using LSD to see the effects it has on peoples minds, if you read very deep there’s a lot of people you did not know were involved in that experiment on society. It’s creepy and weird.

Thebrownblob

Canadian Health system is crumbling

rickyb

Canadian Health system is crumbling
Chomsky says to privatize they defund to the pount that it doesnt work and then go for the kill

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
He’s certainly earned his place as my favorite Canadian BC communist. We might even become buddies IRL if America ends in 10 years like he says it will and we all head north. A positive male role model would probably do him a lot of good.
Or we could just eat him…

rickyb

Screenshot_20220818-105623_Firefox.jpg

China economy collapsing. Mortgage fraud from developers. sound familiar???

rickyb

Worked in Bullhead City, AZ in 125° heat. Every time I got out of my FedEx van the heat would hit me hard. Also worked in Texas in 105° heat with the back of my stepvan feeling like an oven. Metal shelves would burn my arms. Saw the UPS guys driving around with doors open for air and wondered how they handled it.
I was only guy in death valley pouring milk jugs of water on me. i have no tolerance