IBT MASTER PROPOSAL

Boston25

I feel like the times now are they way they were back in 1997. Now I wasn't working for UPS at the time but I remember it and like a good Teamster have learned our history. Every thing UPS is doing now is not too much different then what they were doing back then. History always repeats itself. I have told co workers to save money and their response was "That would never happen here." And I always say well that is what every one said back in 1997 and look how wrong they were.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I think all of this Animosity toward the union and the company comes from employees getting beat down every day with more and more... I think it FINALLY has come to a boiling point... people can only take so much ...we’re at that crux now....
100%! The company expects us to eat more crap and the current union administration needs a giant win to even compete in 4 years.

wide load

He is our most viable option at this point wide...this upcoming contract is going to dictate if Sean has a landslide or a cakewalk in the next election...
Well, as far as my supplement is concerned, he is taking no crap from them. It’s one thing if the company was struggling, but the proof is in the profits!

Ms.PacMan

Um, you do know the that economic proposals have not begun yet don’t you?

The proposals were exchanged months ago. Remember the ones that were leaked?....13 1/3, 4 10's, extra week on vaca in lieu of raises - you had a lot to say about all of it.

The negotiations are ongoing. TTKU

Ms.PacMan

Nahh. I don’t live paycheck to paycheck like some. Much different lifestyle than deep throating a bong all day. I’ll do my time on the line if it comes to that like I did in 97. Then I’ll go home and sip Bookers while sitting in the hot tub. Much different than you sitting in Mom’s basement, downloading the latest video game off of daddy’s credit card.

Just stop.

wide load

The proposals were exchanged months ago. Remember the ones that were leaked?....13 1/3, 4 10's, extra week on vaca in lieu of raises - you had a lot to say about all of it.

The negotiations are ongoing. TTKU
Did you even read what you quoted? ECONOMIC!!!!
Emotions emotions, blah blah blah.

Last edited:

Foamer Pyle

Protection? You mean protect the $8/hr they contribute to our pension plan. I dont think it needs much protecting
In the current contract, if the IBT pension fails, UPS agrees to make up the difference, at least that’s what we have here. Central States will fail, it’s only a matter of years.

Tony Q

I feel like the times now are they way they were back in 1997. Now I wasn't working for UPS at the time but I remember it and like a good Teamster have learned our history. Every thing UPS is doing now is not too much different then what they were doing back then. History always repeats itself. I have told co workers to save money and their response was "That would never happen here." And I always say well that is what every one said back in 1997 and look how wrong they were.
You are right about a couple of things. These are very trying times like in 97.History also does repeat itself, and you can learn a lot from history. here is where I think you might be a little off though. In 97 we were in a very different political environment. We werent in a Republican controlled government. We had a democrat in the White House as well.

Technology wasn't what it is now, and I know there is a shortage of people who can drive a truck right now, but it has been severely dumbed down. I started out on paper and how it is now is way different. Packages are a lot bigger and heavier now, don't get me wrong, but 85 percent of the fleet is now automatic. Pretty soon there will be maps in your dead board. I remember when I first started out and I got a loaded package car. and there was no EDD, PASS, Or Orion. I was writing everything on paper. Totally different job. Look at the automation investments that UPS is making now. Does this alarm you just a little. There are different players also now. Elon Musk ,Jeff Bezos do these people seem like they are making a good enviroment for the working man and women?

I appreciate your contribution here, but look a little bit closer at your history. The IBT is full of Dinosaurs, don't be like them. Actually look at history and learn from it.

Boston25

You are right about a couple of things. These are very trying times like in 97.History also does repeat itself, and you can learn a lot from history. here is where I think you might be a little off though. In 97 we were in a very different political environment. We werent in a Republican controlled government. We had a democrat in the White House as well.

Technology wasn't what it is now, and I know there is a shortage of people who can drive a truck right now, but it has been severely dumbed down. I started out on paper and how it is now is way different. Packages are a lot bigger and heavier now, don't get me wrong, but 85 percent of the fleet is now automatic. Pretty soon there will be maps in your dead board. I remember when I first started out and I got a loaded package car. and there was no EDD, PASS, Or Orion. I was writing everything on paper. Totally different job. Look at the automation investments that UPS is making now. Does this alarm you just a little. There are different players also now. Elon Musk ,Jeff Bezos do these people seem like they are making a good enviroment for the working man and women?

I appreciate your contribution here, but look a little bit closer at your history. The IBT is full of Dinosaurs, don't be like them. Actually look at history and learn from it.

You are right about all of that and I agree with you 100%. I won't be like all of the others in our union. Here in Local 25 we have a Futures Committee which brings in younger workers and educates them about the union. We are trying to get other Locals to follow suit it has been very informative.

Tony Q

You are right about all of that and I agree with you 100%. I won't be like all of the others in our union. Here in Local 25 we have a Futures Committee which brings in younger workers and educates them about the union. We are trying to get other Locals to follow suit it has been very informative.
You have a very good attitude. It makes me happy to see newer generation coming up. You recognizing that you can learn from history shows a lot about your character. Bravo