Immigration

vantexan

Yes, their common goal was to raid other tribes to get slaves & wives .
So it's possible for Viking DNA to be in every tribe .
Not really. Viking colonies were few and sparsely populated. There were about 500 Native American tribes in what is now the continental US. Very little interaction in a very limited area wouldn't have spread DNA amongst all tribes. The eastern tribes didn't even have the horse, mobility was limited.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Not really. Viking colonies were few and sparsely populated. There were about 500 Native American tribes in what is now the continental US. Very little interaction in a very limited area wouldn't have spread DNA amongst all tribes. The eastern tribes didn't even have the horse, mobility was limited.
Your assumption could be wrong . You forget that they had canoes . And where ever water flowed , they were known to go .

vantexan

Your assumption could be wrong . You forget that they had canoes . And where ever water flowed , they were known to go .
You do realize that exhaustive studies have been done on Native American DNA? Viking colonies were primarily on Greenland, had very limited interaction with the mainland. If you want to see a tribe that mixed with whites and others, look at the Comanches. They raided northern Mexico every year plus attacked white ranches. Their last great chief, Quanah Parker, was half white. His mother was carried off on a raid when she was young.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
New information about Viking settlements show that they had settlements in Canada .
Some tribes languages have Viking words in them .
That would mean that the Vikings had more contact with the natives then most are lead to believe .
There are structures all over New England that are similar to what can be found at known Viking settlements . So either the Viking travel here or the native tribes copied the way Vikings built things .

MAKAVELI

But the Iceland Tests prove that the Indians DNA has been tainted . Going back a thousand of years .
It proves nothing of the sort and in fact it's just a theory What they found was a DNA trait that is thought only common in Native Americans of that period And like I said not all icelanders have this DNA marker it's in a select few family lineages.

vantexan

New information about Viking settlements show that they had settlements in Canada .
That would mean that the Vikings had more contact with the natives then most are lead to believe .
There are structures all over New England that are similar to what can be found at known Viking settlements . So either the Viking travel here or the native tribes copied the way Vikings built things .
Eastern Native Americans lived in wooden huts, not tipis. There's only so much you can do architecturally with the technology available whether Viking or Native American. And be careful with what you see on tv. They tend to sensationalize things to hold viewers interest. Could have there been mixing? Sure. But to say all tribes are primarily white because of it, not really Native Americans, no way. Where are these blond hair, or red hair, blue or green eyed Indian tribes? Want a real mystery? Consider the Chachapoyans in Peru. Nothing similar in North America.

MAKAVELI

The DNA is not found in any modern Native American tribe.

vantexan

The DNA is not found in any modern Native American tribe.
Most Native Americans today are of mixed ancestry so it would be pretty hard to delineate any recent mixing with those of Scandinavian ancestry from mixing a thousand years ago. But the idea that Viking DNA spread amongst all the tribes to the point that they aren't real Native Americans is one of the wackiest things I've ever heard.

MAKAVELI

Most Native Americans today are of mixed ancestry so it would be pretty hard to delineate any recent mixing with those of Scandinavian ancestry from mixing a thousand years ago. But the idea that Viking DNA spread amongst all the tribes to the point that they aren't real Native Americans is one of the wackiest things I've ever heard.
The National Geographic article said the DNA may have been from a tribe that no longer exists. It's a specific trait that only passes from mother to child and has only been found in 4 Iclelandic family lineages.
American Indian Sailed to Europe With Vikings?
Despite the evidence, for now it's nearly impossible to prove a direct, thousand-year-old genetic link between Native Americans and Icelanders.

For starters, no living Native American group carries the exact genetic variation found in the Icelandic families.

But of the many known scattered versions that are related to the Icelandic variant, 95 percent are found in Native Americans. Some East Asians, whose ancestors are thought to have been the first Americans, carry a similar genetic pattern, though.

The Inuit, often called Eskimos, carry no version of the variant—a crucial detail, given that Greenland has a native Inuit population.

Helgason speculates that the precise Icelandic variation may have come from a Native American people that died out after the arrival of Europeans.

It's possible, he added, that the DNA variation actually came from mainland Europe, which had infrequent contact with Iceland in the centuries preceding 1700. But this would depend on a European, past or present, carrying the variation, which so far has never been found.

MAKAVELI

Yeah Baba is trying to spread misinformation and trying to infer that Native Americans are not a true pure race who are not truly native to North America

MAKAVELI

Tyson’s good but I like George Foreman better. I think he would of knocked Tyson out in the 90’s in his fortys. Then again I got a soft spot for Texas natives.
I like Foreman as well. But, there was nobody, and I mean nobody like Mike in his prime. The man was a knockout machine. So much power in his punches it was unbelievable.