Iran

BrownMeetPurple

Upon what basis do you say that I have a "lust for war"? In the very first sentence of my post I stated that Iran was NOT enough of a threat to us to justify a preemptive attack. I was merely pointing out that we may soon find ourselves in a position where the only way we can prevent a nuclear exchange is to supply conventional weapons and or logistical support to Israel and/or the Arab nations who are equally concerned about a nuclear-armed Iran.

Iran is NOT a threat to Israel either! Pro-Zionist MSM has fed too much BS to Americans, they fall for it every time. The fact is, Israel is a threat to the middle east and indirectly a threat to the whole world with their very own illegal nuclear weapons and their daily terrorism activities in the region. The fact is, Israel does not want another nuclear power in the middle east, she wants to remain the dominant force. That's it that's all. There's no grey area. Anyone who supports Israel's aggression definitely positively has a lust for war.

wkmac

Upon what basis do you say that I have a "lust for war"? In the very first sentence of my post I stated that Iran was NOT enough of a threat to us to justify a preemptive attack. I was merely pointing out that we may soon find ourselves in a position where the only way we can prevent a nuclear exchange is to supply conventional weapons and or logistical support to Israel and/or the Arab nations who are equally concerned about a nuclear-armed Iran.

Yeah Brown, I gotta back up Sober on this also. In some areas there might be some differences of opinion but in no way have I found him a blanket defender of the warfare state or of Israel itself. I like your gutsy attitude but your comments against Sober don't add up to what I've seen from him.

I personally reject the premise on which Israel came into existence as a political state but like any other person on the planet, any jew has the right of self ownership and self determination and yes, if they want to move and honestly acquire property in what we now know as Israel, I support them doing so. But I'd also afford those same rights to the Arabs who have lived in those lands for centuries as well. Just as there have been jews living in Palestine for centuries as well.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Iran is NOT a threat to Israel either! Pro-Zionist MSM has fed too much BS to Americans, they fall for it every time. The fact is, Israel is a threat to the middle east and indirectly a threat to the whole world with their very own illegal nuclear weapons and their daily terrorism activities in the region. The fact is, Israel does not want another nuclear power in the middle east, she wants to remain the dominant force. That's it that's all. There's no grey area. Anyone who supports Israel's aggression definitely positively has a lust for war.

Ideally, nations resolve their issues thru negotiations and diplomacy rather than military force.

Upon what basis is Israel supposed to engage in diplomacy with a nation or group (such as Hamas or Hezbollah) that denies Israel the right to even exist? How is that negotiable in any way? How can that even be a starting point for any sort of rational compromise?

If Israel is such an aggressive, terrorist nation....then why did they give the entire Sinai Penninsula back to Egypt in exchange for nothing more than a peace treaty and formal diplomatic relations? How have they maintained a peace treaty with Egypt and Jordan for almost 35 years?

Israel had fabricated 2 or 3 crude atomic bombs at the start of the 6 Day war, but did not use them. They had about 40 or 50 available when Egypt and Syria attacked them in the Yom Kippur war in 1973, but again they did not use them....even though they were outnumbered 5 to 1 by the Arab nations and came very close to being overrun by the Syrians who had broken their defensive lines in the Golan. How is this the behavior of a terrorist nation?

When you are surrounded on all sides by enemies who advocate your complete and utter destruction, when your nation is less than 20 miles wide at its narrowest point, when you have nowhere to retreat to, and when you are outnumbered 10 to 1 in men, aircraft, artillery and tanks....having nuclear weapons to use as a last resort starts looking like a pretty good idea.

wkmac

Who holds the upperhand at being the real threat here?

35uzbo.jpg

When surrounded, is it a human response to talk trash in the hopes the threat will see you as bigger than you really are?
35uzbo.jpg

wkmac

It was the first time in the 33-year history of the Islamic Republic of Iran that a sitting president was called before the parliament, or majlis, for questioning. But Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was anything but cowed before a hostile room full of parliamentarians. In fact, as the members grilled him on a broad list of topics ranging from his mismanagement of the economy to his defiance of the Supreme Leader, and even his views on the hijab and Islam, Ahmadinejad was defiant and disdainful, and even managed to throw a few jabs back at his interrogators.
Ahmadinejad has long been at loggerheads with the parliament and the motion to haul him in for questioning on Wednesday had been discussed for months. There had been some speculation that Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei would intervene to resolve the dispute, and there were even rumors on Tuesday that some of the parliamentarians had withdrawn their signatures for the questioning session. But Ahmadinejad's appearance at the majlis is a clear sign that Khamenei is giving the president's opponents a green light to go after him.

804brown

"Concerns about Israel’s nuclear arsenal have long been expressed by some observers in the United States as well. Gen. Lee Butler, former head of the U.S. Strategic Command, described Israel’s nuclear weapons as “dangerous in the extreme.” In a U.S. Army journal, Lt. Col. Warner Farr wrote that one “purpose of Israeli nuclear weapons, not often stated, but obvious, is their ‘use’ on the United States” – presumably to ensure consistent U.S. support for Israeli policies."

Chomsky: Are We About to Get Embroiled in a Nightmare War With Iran? | | AlterNet