golden ticket member
2my7p1l.gif

(D.W.I.D.)

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
COLIN POWELL

"If you break it, you own it"...

Haunting words that are now coming back to haunt the USA and the eventual deployment of american troops to once again set foot on IRAQI soil to clean up a mess we should have never created.T

TOS.

Sportello

Reported on Al Arabiya News a few minutes ago.

The leader of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, was “critically wounded” when a U.S.-led air strike targeted the western Iraqi border town of al-Qaim, tribal sources told Al Arabiya News Channel on Saturday.

U.S. Central Command confirmed in a statement that U.S.-led air strikes targeted ISIS leaders near their northern Iraqi hub of Mosul late Friday, without confirming whether Baghdadi was killed, AFP reported.

“This strike demonstrates the pressure we continue to place on the ISIL [ISIS] terrorist network and the group's increasingly limited freedom to maneuver, communicate and command," US Central Command said.

Anbar province MP Mohammad al-Karbuli told Al Arabiya News Channel that coalition aircraft had targeted a gathering of ISIS leaders in al-Qaim that led to the killing of tens of people and wounded.

Karbuli said chaos ensued the air raid with ISIS members scrambling to transport their wounded to al-Qaim hospital which was overwhelmed with the number of patients.

Reuters news agency quoted two witnesses as saying an air strike targeted a house where senior ISIS officers were meeting, near al-Qaim.

BrownArmy

I find it deeply ironic that we can't find a deal with Iran (or rather, some parts of our government won't let us find that deal), yet we still hold hands with the House of Saud.

So...let's punish our natural ally and award our fat friend special privileges, whilst said fatty stabs us in the back.

So many sorority movies come to mind.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Flashback, if you will, to pre-December 7, 1941. This date may not ring a bell for you but......

The Japanese diplomats were openly discussing detente' with America all the while they were planning the Pearl Harbor attack.

Great. What does that situation have to do with this one? There are all sorts of examples of successful negotiations as well.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Great. What does that situation have to do with this one? There are all sorts of examples of successful negotiations as well.
Iran has no intention of having peace with America, that's the similarity.

Don't believe me?

Iran's leaders keep saying, "Death to America" over and over.

Only an Idiot would negotiate with them.