Israel

Box Ox

where did i say they have a right to kill civilians?
Your posts regarding this particular issue tend to have 2 opposing ideas that come together to form an incoherent statement.

1. No need to kill civilians/you don't approve of killing civilians.

2. Actually, killing Israeli civilians is fine and you approve of it because it's a just cause and is supported by international law.

For example:

"No need to kill civilians and under intl law the palestinians have a right to violently rebel against the land stealin israelis. i encourage violent rebellion"
intl law does not support killing civilians im sure

if you are killing people who are violently stealing land, then they are not civilians
So you're saying Israel has no civilians and it's therefore fine for Hamas to kill them all under international law.
No, Israel is likely a mix of colonizers and civilians

Well, first time hearing you say that not all Israelis are colonizers. Which ones aren't colonizers?

rickyb

@
Well, first time hearing you say that not all Israelis are colonizers. Which ones aren't colonizers?
probably the ones who arent stealing land

heres the google definition
1699151906520.png

for example, not everyone in north america :censored2:ed over natives and stole their land, some actually paid a fair price for it

rickyb

I dunno. He helps me keep track of where the leftists probably are on any given issue. For example, his acknowledgement tonight that he thinks there's no such thing as an Israeli civilian.
thats not what i said and jesus is monitoring your lies

rickyb

@Box Ox heres the link on the right to violently resist occupation under intl law

1699152202849.png

Box Ox

So you're saying Israel has no civilians and it's therefore fine for Hamas to kill them all under international law.
No, Israel is likely a mix of colonizers and civilians
@

probably the ones who arent stealing land

heres the google definition
View attachment 453437
for example, not everyone in north america :censored2:ed over natives and stole their land, some actually paid a fair price for it
thats not what i said

So which Israelis aren't stealing land and therefore aren't colonizers?

rickyb

So which Israelis aren't stealing land and therefore aren't colonizers?
if someone comes to your house with weapons trying to chase you off the property what do you call that?

its happening as we speak

they are jewish supremacists. its insane. the debate in israel is about how large the state will be and arab free. there is a 2 tier system for rights in which jews have alot more. its rapidly turning into a fascism / despotism

Box Ox

if someone comes to your house with weapons trying to chase you off the property what do you call that?

its happening as we speak

they are jewish supremacists. its insane. the debate in israel is about how large the state will be and arab free. there is a 2 tier system for rights in which jews have alot more. its rapidly turning into a fascism / despotism

You're still not answering the question: Which Israelis are not colonizers?

I think I know why: Because you believe all Israelis are colonizers. And so you believe they're all legitimate targets for terrorists. I've tried again and again to give you a chance to say otherwise.

rickyb

You're still not answering the question: Which Israelis are colonizers?

I think I know why: Because you believe all Israelis are colonizers. And so you believe they're all legitimate targets for terrorists. I've tried again and again to give you a chance to say otherwise.
well anyone who steals land for starters, deprives the palestinians of their rights

Box Ox

You're still not answering the question: Which Israelis are not colonizers?

well anyone who steals land for starters, deprives the palestinians of their rights

Which in your mind is all Israelis. You don't actually distinguish between colonizers and civilians.

Box Ox

this article makes the distinction.

View attachment 453441

So you agree that any Israeli who was killed in the October 7 attack who was not a soldier was not a legitimate target? That Hamas therefore committed hundreds, if not thousands of war crimes in that attack?

It seems that you're changing your argument from all Israelis being colonizers and therefore legitimate targets. Which is fine because it sounds like your views on this issue might be moderating. Glad I've been able to help you think through this.

rickyb

So you agree that any Israeli who was killed in the October 7 attack who was not a soldier was not a legitimate target? That Hamas therefore committed hundreds, if not thousands of war crimes in that attack?

It seems that you're changing your argument from all Israelis being colonizers and therefore legitimate targets. Which is fine because it sounds like your views on this issue might be moderating. Glad I've been able to help you think through this.
yea that was a war crime. norm finkelstein says "i told you so" because many of the guys in hamas have never been out of gaza strip since its a concentration camp. just in the same way american slaves killed civilians. its not right but the issue is they are not being treated right and thats why it happens.

you can quote me saying all israelis being colonizers. israelis are stealing land as we speak.