It’s about to get real here in 705!

cachmeifucan

Actually it's 108 per full time year or you can can 100 per year and 1000 per year one time pay out if the pension fund is healthy and ours is for now. So if you work 25 full-time years you get 25,000 upon retirement. I think to pass the 25000 you start receiving more after 12 years so around 70 years old

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Pretty strong language coming out of there... they don’t want 22.4, pension raise of $400, among other things or they said they were going to strike... supposedly 2 more meetings with the company... let’s see how peak goes with Chicagoland shut down...

Foamer Pyle

You think California is run by a bunch of liberals..... Chicago is run by crooked democrats... ok big shot maybe you need to tell us all what state is good enough for you to live in so we all can put our two weeks notice in and move into this utopia that you have been enjoying for all this time...
Liberals and Democraps, all the same thing. Any red state is better than the crap hole Blue States. Take your pick from the worst of the worst cities, run by Democraps, Chicago, San Fran, Baltimore, Detroit, and Minneapolis. High crime, government corruption, poop in the streets of San Fran, homeless people everywhere, high taxes, sounds like such fun.

cachmeifucan

No they would call for strike authorization vote. I still highly doubt a strike although I guarantee enough vote to strike sending a message we won't have to strike to get a good contract. You should of been there it's exactly what a thriving unified educated union looks like probably close to 400 people Sunday reminded me of when I went to camp pendleton to see a marine graduate

cachmeifucan

In other words we are a small army all on the same page with strong and smart leadership I recommend anyone who really cares should go to tdu in Chicago nov 2-4 IL be there at least 1 day hopefully networking and maybe come out to cach facility to pass out fliers it's a sight to see 1 building reach the masses in our local

DOK

Who wants to work like a dog.... I don’t think these newbies should have a free ride but I wouldn’t want to try to qualify at today’s ups... it was bad enough to do it 20 years ago let along today...they work these guys and gals like slaves.

Not here. 25 - 30 year vets are the ones that are loaded up, the new people will quit if they get more than 8.5 hours.

vvv

Listen to what this individual is saying so true. Yes i earn more per hour as i did 5 years ago, however 5 years ago 170 stops was a 10 hour day today its a 8.5 day same geographically area same customers more boxes yet 1.5 hours less pay for same work. UPS doesn't give rasies they give more work.

Why are you getting less pay? Maybe you need to take 10 hours to do your route and not 8.5

Sounds as if you need to make some personal adjustments in how you approach getting your route done. ;)

bowhnterdon

No they would call for strike authorization vote. I still highly doubt a strike although I guarantee enough vote to strike sending a message we won't have to strike to get a good contract. You should of been there it's exactly what a thriving unified educated union looks like probably close to 400 people Sunday reminded me of when I went to camp pendleton to see a marine graduate
I hope they are more mature and intelligent than the people on the vote No Page that say they are 705.

cachmeifucan

Probably not but enough are mad many long term part time employees are mad about new hire bonus and the new hires won't vote I can't wait to start campaigning moving forward slate. we not accepting a bull:censored2: contract no way stay tuned should make for a interesting month.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Liberals and Democraps, all the same thing. Any red state is better than the crap hole Blue States. Take your pick from the worst of the worst cities, run by Democraps, Chicago, San Fran, Baltimore, Detroit, and Minneapolis. High crime, government corruption, poop in the streets of San Fran, homeless people everywhere, high taxes, sounds like such fun.
giphy (11).gif

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Probably not but enough are mad many long term part time employees are mad about new hire bonus and the new hires won't vote I can't wait to start campaigning moving forward slate. we not accepting a bull:censored2: contract no way stay tuned should make for a interesting month.
Will you be writing your slate's campaign literature?