It’s about to get real here in 705!

Waldo

I believe that if we do strike it would only last 2 hours until the company gave us what we want. However I don’t see a strike happening.

Waldo

If we did strike, wouldn’t that affect local 710 as well since half the drivers at cach are in 710? They wouldn’t be able to work either if there was no output coming from the building.

cachmeifucan

All we can ask @BUG I guess but the way people were talking at the hall it sounds like we can although I'm not sure but all I want to know is are you going to honor our strike line or cross like scabs and say it's not my local

bowhnterdon

All we can ask @BUG I guess but the way people were talking at the hall it sounds like we can although I'm not sure but all I want to know is are you going to honor our strike line or cross like scabs and say it's not my local
I can say with 100% certainty, Junior will Not have a Nationwide work stoppage. Never happen

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
I will not cross if it is a sanctioned job action. If not , I go to work. Very simple Not Sanctioned? You are fired

So what is your action if Hoffa denounces it, yet the powers that be in 705 instate a strike anyway?

Technically, that would be both states at once, no?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You mad we going to get a better deal. Or that we actually are a union
Not mad at all, if anything I'm a bit jealous if it works out for you?

It's your grammar and sentence structure I was being critical of???

But while we are sharing thoughts, perhaps you can explain to us how your Local plans to get by the IBT Constitution, seeing nobody else has been able to???

BuckyBadger

Not mad at all, if anything I'm a bit jealous if it works out for you?

It's your grammar and sentence structure I was being critical of???

But while we are sharing thoughts, perhaps you can explain to us how your Local plans to get by the IBT Constitution, seeing nobody else has been able to???
How is that an issue if we get 2/3 participation and a 50% or more vote?

Milly

Not unless IBT says so. My guess would be a big fat no. I also see UPS running new lanes around Chicago that will be a big fat mess. Good luck.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
How is that an issue if we get 2/3 participation and a 50% or more vote?
The IBT Constitution is a very lengthy document, riddled with trap doors:

ART. XII, SEC. 6

The General Executive Board is empowered to amend, delete, or add to this Article if at any time it believes such action will be in the interests of the International Union or its subordinate bodies.

Don't get tunnel vision.