It's About Time, All Centers Need To Pay This

BrownSnowFlake

I started inside at 8.50$ what a bunch of whiners. Making 4$ more an hour than a first year driver to sort boxes for a five hour shift.
I started at 8.50 too grandpa. It wasn't nearly enough. 14 was okay but still not great. This is a good thing. It's not 1980 anymore.
94E9EC9D-0737-46C5-BBAD-9F3CD2032890.jpeg

JustDeliverIt

What if mom and dad don’t have insurance themselves? Or they have it but it’s expensive and not very good? Are you really that confident ‘ they don’t need it.’

This is always my point. There are not many plans as good as what we have (again, at least where I am it's BC/BS. I know different areas have different plans but I'm assuming they are all good). Even if mom and dad have insurance, more than likely they're paying something for it and it's not as good.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
We needs to have $18/hr minimum starting pay. Insurance after 30 days for all teamsters.
I disagree. I don't want a bunch of pregnant women joining UPS because we will pay for their pregnancy.

I am fine with insurance starting at 9 months.

Why would we throw benefits at the revolving door crowd that aren't planning on staying?

I disagree. I don't want a bunch of pregnant women joining UPS because we will pay for their pregnancy.

Why would we throw benefits at the revolving door crowd that aren't planning on staying?
When I started it was only 30 days. And a company claimed that was the main reason why they wanted to hold back insurance because people would get a job work here a month or two get other teeth and everything fixed and then quit

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

UPS hire a pregnant woman for an entry level union job???

542thruNthru

And I can bet their insurance isn’t as good as what we get. But feel free to go work at Starbucks if any of you think the grass is greener.
$40 a pay check is their cheapest insurance. I believe it goes up to $80 a paycheck for their top insurance. Also you have to work a certain number of hours per week to keep that insurance. Not just one punch.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
....And if there are 100,000 part timers nationwide( just a rough guesstimate) , then there are roughly 100,000 different single situations

Face it everybody...these kids will not vote...and even middle seniority full timers for the most part vote “Yes” out of a fear of a work stoppage. 2023 will not be any different, expect to see the same 45 % participation if we are lucky, of that probably only 10 % have any real clue on what they are voting on.

I believe that the only time that we had a over 50% participants on a contract vote was in1997 after the national strike. We all will have to see how that changes at the convention at the end of June.

Fact is most of the seasoned veterans vote “No” on every concessionary contract, proven with the last two. A newer part time vote should never be able to cancel out a high seniority, well informed vote.

Maybe separate the contract vote into a part time and a full time ballots, then we will not have one set of members sailing the other down the river.