It's About Time, All Centers Need To Pay This

Driver7906

I disagree. I don't want a bunch of pregnant women joining UPS because we will pay for their pregnancy.

I am fine with insurance starting at 9 months.

Why would we throw benefits at the revolving door crowd that aren't planning on staying?

When I started it was six months for insurance to kick in. The following contract it went to a year (plus an additional six months for dependents). After that it was a year for the employee and their dependents. With this current contract it’s nine months. For the quality of the insurance we get, I think it’s more than fair.

UPS is the only employer I know of that offers the same full benefits to their part-time employees as they do their full-timers.

Driver7906

Face it everybody...these kids will not vote...and even middle seniority full timers for the most part vote “Yes” out of a fear of a work stoppage. 2023 will not be any different, expect to see the same 45 % participation if we are lucky, of that probably only 10 % have any real clue on what they are voting on.

I believe that the only time that we had a over 50% participants on a contract vote was in1997 after the national strike. We all will have to see how that changes at the convention at the end of June.

Fact is most of the seasoned veterans vote “No” on every concessionary contract, proven with the last two. A newer part time vote should never be able to cancel out a high seniority, well informed vote.

Maybe separate the contract vote into a part time and a full time ballots, then we will not have one set of members sailing the other down the river.

Everyone should tell their co-workers that if they don’t vote on this next contract, they have absolutely no right to complain about the conditions they’ll be working under. Spread that message around.

BrownSnowFlake

I disagree. I don't want a bunch of pregnant women joining UPS because we will pay for their pregnancy.

I am fine with insurance starting at 9 months.

Why would we throw benefits at the revolving door crowd that aren't planning on staying?
Pregnant women are the best. You know they put out and you can't knock them up.

Sixth Punch Sense

Pay raises like this are a huge warning sign for imminent hyperinflation
Yes and no. It's the enhanced unemployment benefits that companies are dealing with. If that wasn't a thing than yes I would agree. This is a new territory and it's difficult to see the end game, but it's a bit terrifying.

Yolo

5cnj8l7jbe171.jpg