JCATS

BootsOnTarmac

Recently I had a discussion with our IT guy about the new Intranet Web and Mobile Web integration (Workday). He said the integration will be a lot easier and productive for a greater number of employees. He has concerns with security and hacking on the integrated system possibly sinking the whole boat for days or weeks. With the old multiple systems, simple programming, data transfer delays among systems, multiple access restrictions, etc., hackers had too many targets to bother with.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Recently I had a discussion with our IT guy about the new Intranet Web and Mobile Web integration (Workday). He said the integration will be a lot easier and productive for a greater number of employees. He has concerns with security and hacking on the integrated system possibly sinking the whole boat for days or weeks. With the old multiple systems, simple programming, data transfer delays among systems, multiple access restrictions, etc., hackers had too many targets to bother with.

Amazingly, that hasn't been an issue for other companies. My overall experience with our IT department is that they keep things complicated. Job security. Can't tell them anything.

BootsOnTarmac

You bet! Our IT guy loves the idea of the new integration! More responses to address locally from the call center and less answering questions about IMS, PRISM and the big one lately: HRSRPTED.

SmithBarney

...Once there was a handler who had all of his training but for some reason the Pscan system wouldn't accept his ID. There were 3 man-hours used in trying to look up what the true handler requirements were that would allow him to be Pscan compliant. Couldn't find it...
Or a competent manager could have walked up to the pscan unit and manually entered(add employee) the employee into the unit, I've had to do it for employees many times for some reason were not in the system.

as for the JCATS system... well fedex in its infinite wisdom decided to shut down JCATS before the new system was ready... that's why it's back up "temporarily" it'll probably be longer since whoever is working on WORKDAY can't seem to get it right, yet. Meanwhile many stations are/were short staffed, ours is down 10 employees

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Or a competent manager could have walked up to the pscan unit and manually entered(add employee) the employee into the unit, I've had to do it for employees many times for some reason were not in the system.

Except that it still rejected the employee because, as I stated in the other post, he lacked one of the training courses.

PSP

The accuracy is real here, but then again...If it aint broke, why fix it? Well, at least that was the mindset of IT for what? Three decades?