Jr is taking the reins

floridays

Just a WTF, nothing more

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...at-u-va/e23356b4-0851-4f86-b5ef-72acbd2e5775/

Smith pleaded guilty to misdemeanor assault and battery and was sentenced to two months in jail. Tigrett, Kintz and another student who was with them, Wesley McCluney, pleaded no contest to misdemeanor disorderly conduct.

I wonder if he's still a hothead,
What say you @59 Dano ?

Before you gloss it over, I stipulate we have all done stupid :poop: , many have been arrested, doubtful many have been sentenced to two months in jail.

I understand probation, that was not the sentence/judication.

Fedex's new fearless leader, I love passionate people.

MAKAVELI

Just a WTF, nothing more

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...at-u-va/e23356b4-0851-4f86-b5ef-72acbd2e5775/

Smith pleaded guilty to misdemeanor assault and battery and was sentenced to two months in jail. Tigrett, Kintz and another student who was with them, Wesley McCluney, pleaded no contest to misdemeanor disorderly conduct.

I wonder if he's still a hothead,
What say you @59 Dano ?

Before you gloss it over, I stipulate we have all done stupid :poop: , many have been arrested, doubtful many have been sentenced to two months in jail.

I understand probation, that was not the sentence/judication.

Fedex's new fearless leader, I love passionate people.
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. The old man got away with murder.

floridays

Kamala Harris was the District attorney of San Francisco and the Attorney General of California.
She can wipe her ass with your Timecard. Thank California for fighting for workers rights the last 20 years.
I don't hit a timecard, I poked fun at myself as well.

I have no problem with workers rights.

If you have been around, I am an advocate for "workers."

Kamala Harris is a politician, she does not give a damn about the law.

You Sir are ignorant of the law.

She can wipe my ass in every measure beyond integrity, integrity is not voted on, Thank God.

If you have nuts, respond.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. The old man got away with murder.
So true. For those that don't know, Fred S ran over and killed a pedestrian in Memphis in a hit and run. He was later arrested and released on a $250 bond, and charged with leaving the scene of an accident and driving on an expired license. Earlier on that same day ( 1-3-75) Smith had been indicted by a federal grand jury for forgery in a case involving 2 of his sisters. Cannon Smith (really) has also had brushes with the law. Being rich and having connections really helps when dealing with the justice system, doesn't it?

It doesn't take Columbo to figure Fred was probably very drunk and left the poor victim to die in the street. By the time they caught up with him, he was probably sober, or maybe they didn't even test him because he was the king of Zeroville, TN. Yes, that's a real example of caring and human character for you.

All charges against Smith were eventually dropped, leading me to believe that some large checks were written. In short, Fred S is a scumbag, and it appears his kids followed Dad's lead.

falcon back

So true. For those that don't know, Fred S ran over and killed a pedestrian in Memphis in a hit and run. He was later arrested and released on a $250 bond, and charged with leaving the scene of an accident and driving on an expired license. Earlier on that same day ( 1-3-75) Smith had been indicted by a federal grand jury for forgery in a case involving 2 of his sisters. Cannon Smith (really) has also had brushes with the law. Being rich and having connections really helps when dealing with the justice system, doesn't it?

It doesn't take Columbo to figure Fred was probably very drunk and left the poor victim to die in the street. By the time they caught up with him, he was probably sober, or maybe they didn't even test him because he was the king of Zeroville, TN. Yes, that's a real example of caring and human character for you.

All charges against Smith were eventually dropped, leading me to believe that some large checks were written. In short, Fred S is a scumbag, and it appears his kids followed Dad's lead.
In 1975 Fred wasn't even the king of his neighborhood, much less Memphis or Zeroville. Keep on fishing though.

falcon back

Is that the only part of his post you disagree with?
The accident happened, the indictment happened. How they were settled is what I was referring too. Maybe the facts resulted in the charges being dropped. MFE doesn't have any facts to backup his claims that Fred was royalty and was given a free pass. During that time Fred was far from being royalty and wasn't any where near the status he is now. He wasn't even the highest profile person on his block. As far as Cannon and Richard and their legal issues, what young person didn't do stupid stuff. You are 18-19 yrs old, wealthy as can be, it would be easy to get into trouble. The only reason I didn't get in trouble while out of town in college is I didn't have the means to be out of town to get in trouble.

floridays

The accident happened, the indictment happened. How they were settled is what I was referring too. Maybe the facts resulted in the charges being dropped. MFE doesn't have any facts to backup his claims that Fred was royalty and was given a free pass. During that time Fred was far from being royalty and wasn't any where near the status he is now. He wasn't even the highest profile person on his block. As far as Cannon and Richard and their legal issues, what young person didn't do stupid stuff. You are 18-19 yrs old, wealthy as can be, it would be easy to get into trouble. The only reason I didn't get in trouble while out of town in college is I didn't have the means to be out of town to get in trouble.
As far as Cannon and Richard, I throw no stones

I was the king of stupid :poop: , had a very short fuse as well. Not proud of it, just stating facts.

As far as Fred, a person died, he left the scene of the collision. That speaks for itself.

I make no assumptions, but the passing of time in incidents of that sort allow evidence to disappear, bodily evidence. It takes evidence to charge and evidence to gain a conviction.

Fred is the only person at the incident that knows if intoxication was an element, obviously after impact and his appearance it could not be proven or was summarily discarded.

Just a statement of fact.

I like the defense you provided that he was not a kid of the richest family in his neighborhood, quite novel.

floridays

The only reason I didn't get in trouble while out of town in college is I didn't have the means to be out of town to get in trouble.
:bsbullf:, the only reason you didn't get in trouble was you didn't put yourself in that position or you didn't get caught.

It doesn't take much cash to get arrested in a barfight.
Nothing wrong with being a good kid, it's actually admirable.

Be happy you made your parents proud and they never had to answer the latenight call from their son. :thumbup1:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The hit and run was witnessed by an off-duty Memphis police officer, so there's no doubt Fred did the crime. As floridays pointed out, nobody but Fred knows whether he was drunk. But, he did leave someone in the street to die, and that says a lot. Why take off? I'd like to have seen the extent of damage to the car and other factors in the crime.

Smith was born into money, sir. His daddy owned the Mid-South Greyhound franchise at a time when bus systems were still very profitable. Dad left him a very large sum of money. Fred was a big deal in 1975, not only because of Federal Express, but because of his family ties. So, your point about him not being "royalty" is ridiculous.

Fred killed a classmate while at Yale in a car accident where he was driving. Again, the presumption is that he was drunk, and that Daddy got him preferential treatment. There is no mention of intoxication I can find, but one really has to wonder.

Everybody does stupid stuff when they're young, and maybe the classmate who died was one of those situations. But the hit and run was an adult Smith, who has just been indicted that day for a very serious crime. $2M in 1975 is more like $10M today. Would he go out and drown his sorrows? Kind of sounds like it. Oh, and swindling your own sisters? Nice. Cleared, but under the shadiest of circumstances. "Hey, Sis, how about dropping your case for X dollars?"

There's more. Insider trading charges, multiple affairs, and the ATA deal, which killed a successful airline when Fred didn't fulfill his end of the bargain.By then, he also had politicians and even more money helping him out. As I've said before, FedEx was (and is) very good at changing court venues to find a sympathetic judge. A jury found Fred and FedEx guilty in the ATA case, and a judge overturned the verdict after a change in venue. That's what money buys.

It's kind of like Michael Jackson, who should have been found guilty decades ago, but his money bought him out of jail through settlements, connections, and greed on the part of parents who wanted cash instead of justice. If it had been my kid, he'd have been dead a long time ago and I wouldn't have a penny.

Fred is a POS. Yes, he served in Vietnam, so good on him for that, but that doesn't excuse his egregious behavior(s). Thank you for your service Fred, now go straight to jail where you probably belong.

falcon back

The hit and run was witnessed by an off-duty Memphis police officer, so there's no doubt Fred did the crime. As floridays pointed out, nobody but Fred knows whether he was drunk. But, he did leave someone in the street to die, and that says a lot. Why take off? I'd like to have seen the extent of damage to the car and other factors in the crime.

Smith was born into money, sir. His daddy owned the Mid-South Greyhound franchise at a time when bus systems were still very profitable. Dad left him a very large sum of money. Fred was a big deal in 1975, not only because of Federal Express, but because of his family ties. So, your point about him not being "royalty" is ridiculous.

Fred killed a classmate while at Yale in a car accident where he was driving. Again, the presumption is that he was drunk, and that Daddy got him preferential treatment. There is no mention of intoxication I can find, but one really has to wonder.

Everybody does stupid stuff when they're young, and maybe the classmate who died was one of those situations. But the hit and run was an adult Smith, who has just been indicted that day for a very serious crime. $2M in 1975 is more like $10M today. Would he go out and drown his sorrows? Kind of sounds like it. Oh, and swindling your own sisters? Nice. Cleared, but under the shadiest of circumstances. "Hey, Sis, how about dropping your case for X dollars?"

There's more. Insider trading charges, multiple affairs, and the ATA deal, which killed a successful airline when Fred didn't fulfill his end of the bargain.By then, he also had politicians and even more money helping him out. As I've said before, FedEx was (and is) very good at changing court venues to find a sympathetic judge. A jury found Fred and FedEx guilty in the ATA case, and a judge overturned the verdict after a change in venue. That's what money buys.

It's kind of like Michael Jackson, who should have been found guilty decades ago, but his money bought him out of jail through settlements, connections, and greed on the part of parents who wanted cash instead of justice. If it had been my kid, he'd have been dead a long time ago and I wouldn't have a penny.

Fred is a POS. Yes, he served in Vietnam, so good on him for that, but that doesn't excuse his egregious behavior(s). Thank you for your service Fred, now go straight to jail where you probably belong.
His Daddy got him preferential treatment? His dad died when Fred was 4 or so.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
His Daddy got him preferential treatment? His dad died when Fred was 4 or so.
You really don't get it. Daddy, dead or alive made Fred part of the Memphis aristocracy. Money talks, and so do connections, so "Daddy" lives forever in the sense that Fred was born rich, made richer upon the death of his father, and was, and always has been the recipient of better treatment than the rest of us would get, especially from the legal system.

TTKU.

Aquaman

You really don't get it. Daddy, dead or alive made Fred part of the Memphis aristocracy. Money talks, and so do connections, so "Daddy" lives forever in the sense that Fred was born rich, made richer upon the death of his father, and was, and always has been the recipient of better treatment than the rest of us would get, especially from the legal system.

TTKU.
The legal stuff is completely warranted. But I’ll never understand why people have this sentiment towards guys who are given some money. Trump is viewed very similarly for receiving a loan from his dad. I don’t think most people understand how insane it is to turn a million dollars into a billion. Do you have any idea how many people inherit a million dollars in this country? Or take out a business loan? Or have some “genius” idea? There’s A LOT of them…. And how many FedEx’s are there? How many Donald Trumps are there? Do you know how many lottery winners go broke? How many professional athletes go broke? To act like his dad leaving him money is the reason he’s successful is completely insane.