Jr is taking the reins

It will be fine

The legal stuff is completely warranted. But I’ll never understand why people have this sentiment towards guys who are given some money. Trump is viewed very similarly for receiving a loan from his dad. I don’t think most people understand how insane it is to turn a million dollars into a billion. Do you have any idea how many people inherit a million dollars in this country? Or take out a business loan? Or have some “genius” idea? There’s A LOT of them…. And how many FedEx’s are there? How many Donald Trumps are there? Do you know how many lottery winners go broke? How many professional athletes go broke? To act like his dad leaving him money is the reason he’s successful is completely insane.
Congrats, you killed the thread by bringing up Trump for no reason. This is why every thread turns to politics on this site. People just have to bring up their cult leader unprompted.

Aquaman

Congrats, you killed the thread by bringing up Trump for no reason. This is why every thread turns to politics on this site. People just have to bring up their cult leader unprompted.
I’m NOT a Trumper haha. He’s just another popular figure that people diminish due to getting money from a parent. Fred S created a shipping empire. If he was gifted $100,000,000 at the start.. it would still be incredibly impressive.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Because you’re insecure and crave respect and affirmation.
Which is why I participate in a forum where I could say that 2 + 2 = 4 and people would disagree with me for the sheer sake of it.... because I'm insecure and need respect and affirmation.

59 Dano

Just a WTF, nothing more

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...at-u-va/e23356b4-0851-4f86-b5ef-72acbd2e5775/

Smith pleaded guilty to misdemeanor assault and battery and was sentenced to two months in jail. Tigrett, Kintz and another student who was with them, Wesley McCluney, pleaded no contest to misdemeanor disorderly conduct.

I wonder if he's still a hothead,
What say you @59 Dano ?

Before you gloss it over, I stipulate we have all done stupid :poop: , many have been arrested, doubtful many have been sentenced to two months in jail.

I understand probation, that was not the sentence/judication.

Fedex's new fearless leader, I love passionate people.
AB says I only post here because I'm insecure and crave attention and respect; guys like you keep asking me dumb questions.

Answer: I have no idea if he's still a hothead. Considering that we're basing this on one incident in 1997 when he was 20, and now it's 2022 and he's 44, and he's been with the company since 2005 with no reports of anything, I'm going to bet on "no."

59 Dano

Kamala Harris was the District attorney of San Francisco and the Attorney General of California.
She can wipe her ass with your Timecard. Thank California for fighting for workers rights the last 20 years.
Funny you should mention her wiping her ass, considering the state is known for piles of dung all over the place. Congrats to her, I guess.

59 Dano

Fred killed a classmate while at Yale in a car accident where he was driving. Again, the presumption is that he was drunk, and that Daddy got him preferential treatment. There is no mention of intoxication I can find, but one really has to wonder.
Why would there be a presumption that he was drunk if there's no mention of intoxication?

There's more. Insider trading charges, multiple affairs, and the ATA deal, which killed a successful airline when Fred didn't fulfill his end of the bargain.By then, he also had politicians and even more money helping him out. As I've said before, FedEx was (and is) very good at changing court venues to find a sympathetic judge. A jury found Fred and FedEx guilty in the ATA case, and a judge overturned the verdict after a change in venue. That's what money buys.
The ATA thing, you don't know what you're talking about. ATA shut down while the contract with FedEx was still active.

As for Fred buying a venue change to get a favorable verdict, no. You don't know what you're talking about. The case was tried in the US District Court, Southern District of Indiana. FedEx appealed, unsuccessfully, to the same court. It filed another appeal with the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals. If by "[t]hat's what money buys," you mean, "They followed proper procedures in the court system," OK.

Why claim he was drunk when you admit there's nothing to suggest he was?
Why claim he bought a court decision when the facts of the case are so readily available?

59 Dano

His Daddy got him preferential treatment? His dad died when Fred was 4 or so.

You really don't get it. Daddy, dead or alive made Fred part of the Memphis aristocracy. Money talks, and so do connections, so "Daddy" lives forever in the sense that Fred was born rich, made richer upon the death of his father, and was, and always has been the recipient of better treatment than the rest of us would get, especially from the legal system.

TTKU.
"His dad couldn't get him preferential treatment because his dad was dead."
"IT DOESN'T MATTER!!! HIS DAD HAD A GHOST!!!"

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Why would there be a presumption that he was drunk if there's no mention of intoxication?

The ATA thing, you don't know what you're talking about. ATA shut down while the contract with FedEx was still active.

As for Fred buying a venue change to get a favorable verdict, no. You don't know what you're talking about. The case was tried in the US District Court, Southern District of Indiana. FedEx appealed, unsuccessfully, to the same court. It filed another appeal with the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals. If by "[t]hat's what money buys," you mean, "They followed proper procedures in the court system," OK.

Why claim he was drunk when you admit there's nothing to suggest he was?
Why claim he bought a court decision when the facts of the case are so readily available?
Wow, wow, and WOW. Shillmeister.

59 Dano

Yeah, we all just care about you so much. Go ahead and delete your profile then, insecure boy.
I don't think anyone gives a fudge about me (nor should they), then you go out of your way to keep bringing it up that you don't give a fudge about me.

Hmmmm.