LGBTQ

vantexan

Has anyone ever tried to force you into the LGBTQ community?
That's not what we're talking about. We're talking about a business person with religious beliefs who is being forced to set aside his values to give a person with opposing values what they want. The simple solution would be to go to a business where giving the customer what they want isn't an issue. Would you be ok with religious people going to a gay night club to shut down a drag queen show in order to have a Bible reading and prayer? As an open society people have a right to act as they like as long as they aren't harming others. But they don't have the right to force their views on others. Might have been that way at one time, and Christians may not like the open displays of homosexuality like in gay pride parades, but gays are pretty much free to live as they want these days. It's they at this point who risk a backlash if they seek to see just how far they can take it.

Integrity

Binge Poster
That's not what we're talking about. We're talking about a business person with religious beliefs who is being forced to set aside his values to give a person with opposing values what they want. The simple solution would be to go to a business where giving the customer what they want isn't an issue. Would you be ok with religious people going to a gay night club to shut down a drag queen show in order to have a Bible reading and prayer? As an open society people have a right to act as they like as long as they aren't harming others. But they don't have the right to force their views on others. Might have been that way at one time, and Christians may not like the open displays of homosexuality like in gay pride parades, but gays are pretty much free to live as they want these days. It's they at this point who risk a backlash if they seek to see just how far they can take it.
In fairness I asked you:

So we can keep the discussion flowing can you please answer the question or did you?

vantexan

In fairness I asked you:

So we can keep the discussion flowing can you please answer the question or did you?
You're asking about an entirely different subject. Has nothing to do with what we're discussing although it appears that's what you're trying to make it about. Am I supposed to have an epiphany about what the poor gay guy is going through?

Integrity

Binge Poster
You're asking about an entirely different subject. Has nothing to do with what we're discussing although it appears that's what you're trying to make it about. Am I supposed to have an epiphany about what the poor gay guy is going through?
You stated in a previous reply “

“But what you do in your bedroom is your business. Just don't try to force it on everyone else.”

Let me rephrase my question:

Have you been ever forced into what goes on in any LGBTQ bedroom?

You made the statement not me .

Integrity

Binge Poster
No I can’t accept discrimination or disagreement with same sex being considered immoral.
I cannot fully understand or relate, but I get it.

My personal view is that not all discrimination or disagreement is rooted in hate, I think some has to be attributed to religious ignorance and or spiritual immaturity.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
1670621963686.png

vantexan

I cannot fully understand or relate, but I get it.

My personal view is that not all discrimination or disagreement is rooted in hate, I think some has to be attributed to religious ignorance and or spiritual immaturity.
You refuse to accept what the Bible teaches on the subject. Would that be religious ignorance?

vantexan

Yes you can probably say that.

No. IMO it is not.
You wouldn't know Christ without the Bible. You have said you knew Christ before you ever heard of the Bible. Someone taught you about Jesus and that someone got that from the Bible. If you refuse to recognize the authority of God's word in the Bible then you are kidding yourself about your Christianity.

vantexan

I'm beginning to wonder if there's a correlation between the huge drop in sperm count and all the transgenderism that has suddenly exploded on the scene.

Integrity

Binge Poster
You wouldn't know Christ without the Bible.
I disagree. Christ is not dependent upon the Bible, the Bible is dependent on God.
You have said you knew Christ before you ever heard of the Bible.
True.
Someone taught you about Jesus and that someone got that from the Bible.
That is not how it happened, sorry.
If you refuse to recognize the authority of God's word in the Bible then you are kidding yourself about your Christianity.
So are saying that recognizing the authority of God’s word in the Bible is a prerequisite to true Christianity?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Are there any Christian denominations anywhere in the world whose practice is based solely on personal revelations from the Holy Spirit?
Solely, I don’t know.

I don’t base my spiritual or religious practices solely on personal revelations either.

I love the Holy Bible, I believe it is very useful for spiritual and religious guidance.

vantexan

I disagree. Christ is not dependent upon the Bible, the Bible is dependent on God.

True.

That is not how it happened, sorry.

So are saying that recognizing the authority of God’s word in the Bible is a prerequisite to true Christianity?
I'm absolutely saying that we wouldn't know about Jesus without the New Testament. His death, burial, and resurrection are essential to belief in him as the Son of God and the establishment of his Church. Without the New Testament account we simply would not know about that. You don't get to cherry pick what you want to believe and what you choose to ignore if you claim to be a Christian.