LGBTQ

Box Ox

Solely, I don’t know.

I don’t base my spiritual or religious practices solely on personal revelations either.

I love the Holy Bible, I believe it is very useful for spiritual and religious guidance.

So you do believe in the authority of God's word in the Bible. Makes sense to me.

Is the Bible not just an interesting storybook for someone who doesn't recognize the authority of God's word in the Bible?

Integrity

Binge Poster
I'm absolutely saying that we wouldn't know about Jesus without the New Testament. His death, burial, and resurrection are essential to belief in him as the Son of God and the establishment of his Church. Without the New Testament account we simply would not know about that.
You can believe that, I won’t argue your faith. Have at it.
You don't get to cherry pick what you want to believe and what you choose to ignore if you claim to be a Christian.
I do get to choose what I want to believe from the Bible and I do get to choose what to ignore from it while claiming to be a believer in Christ.

vantexan

You can believe that, I won’t argue your faith. Have at it.

I do get to choose what I want to believe from the Bible and I do get to choose what to ignore from it while claiming to be a believer in Christ.
How would you know what to pick and choose if you don't read it? And no, you don't get to pick and choose. Christianity involves submitting to God's will, not choosing what you want to do or not do. The choice you have is whether to follow God's will or not. If you don't you aren't a Christian.

Integrity

Binge Poster
How would you know what to pick and choose if you don't read it?
I read it daily.
And no, you don't get to pick and choose. Christianity involves submitting to God's will, not choosing what you want to do or not do.
I disagree.
The choice you have is whether to follow God's will or not.
True.
If you don't you aren't a Christian.
I believe in Jesus Christ, the Son of God.