LGBTQ

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Do you think a bakery should be forced to make a cake for a same sex wedding if it's against their beliefs?
The bakery sells cakes to gays, they just won’t write what they consider offensive. You can’t be forced to write or say what you find against your beliefs. But you can’t discriminate by not selling the cake or providing dinner in a restaurant.

El Correcto

god is dead
But no one is demanding you accept Christianity. Gay activists on the other hand are demanding that business owners set aside their beliefs when dealing with gays.
Calling hateful bigots Christians is a bit of a stretch.
It’s like saying Dahmer was just a Christian.
Like sure that’s technically true, but that isn’t the problem they have with them, it’s the whole hateful bigot part.

vantexan

Calling hateful bigots Christians is a bit of a stretch.
It’s like saying Dahmer was just a Christian.
Like sure that’s technically true, but that isn’t the problem they have with them, it’s the whole hateful bigot part.
That's your perception. If I saw someone beating on you because you're a homosexual, or for any other reason than trying to stop you from harming others, I would try to stop him. I don't hate you because you're a homosexual. I disagree with your choices and stand against it becoming just another choice that's promoted as acceptable. But what you do in your bedroom is your business. Just don't try to force it on everyone else. You're allowed to display the gay pride flag. If so then why can't Christians put up a tree in a public place? It doesn't force you to accept Christianity anymore than you displaying your flag forces me to accept your lifestyle. But when you tell a business owner they must set aside their personal religious beliefs to give you what you want you are trying to force them under threat to their livelihood. Gay rights has seen a lot of acceptance in the last few decades. You're at risk of backlash if you try to force your view on others. And for those who say Christians are forcing their will on others we vote on issues that are important to us. If you feel strongly that your way is right then gather enough support to vote it in. If you can't garner enough support then accept the rights you do have and live with it. That's our system.

El Correcto

god is dead
That's your perception. If I saw someone beating on you because you're a homosexual, or for any other reason than trying to stop you from harming others, I would try to stop him. I don't hate you because you're a homosexual. I disagree with your choices and stand against it becoming just another choice that's promoted as acceptable. But what you do in your bedroom is your business. Just don't try to force it on everyone else. You're allowed to display the gay pride flag. If so then why can't Christians put up a tree in a public place? It doesn't force you to accept Christianity anymore than you displaying your flag forces me to accept your lifestyle. But when you tell a business owner they must set aside their personal religious beliefs to give you what you want you are trying to force them under threat to their livelihood. Gay rights has seen a lot of acceptance in the last few decades. You're at risk of backlash if you try to force your view on others. And for those who say Christians are forcing their will on others we vote on issues that are important to us. If you feel strongly that your way is right then gather enough support to vote it in. If you can't garner enough support then accept the rights you do have and live with it. That's our system.
You prefer the we are good people buuuuuut approach. You want plausible deniability of your hatred, you want to be able to rationalize the hatred you were taught and accepted as good morality.

Religious zealots lost the midterms for the Republican Party, that should of been a slam dunk victory for republicans, but they couldn’t resist going full on Jesus down people’s throats.

vantexan

You prefer the we are good people buuuuuut approach. You want plausible deniability of your hatred, you want to be able to rationalize the hatred you were taught and accepted as good morality.

Religious zealots lost the midterms for the Republican Party, that should of been a slam dunk victory for republicans, but they couldn’t resist going full on Jesus down people’s throats.
If we are the haters you claim we'd be throwing you off the tops of buildings. You can't accept disagreement with your lifestyle as anything but hatred. Not so. And trying to shut down Christian expression such as displaying a Christmas tree in public while you want to fly your gay pride flag in public shows who is hating who.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Do you think a bakery should be forced to make a cake for a same sex wedding if it's against their beliefs?
Personally, I think a bakery should not be forced to make a cake for a same sex wedding if it's against their beliefs.

I also think that if a same sex couple feels that their civil rights are being violated by a bakery denying to make a cake for their wedding then they should see an attorney to possibly file a lawsuit against the bakery.

vantexan

Do you believe all who seek to stick up for their perceived civil rights should be labeled activists?
When they seek out a baker with religious beliefs to force him to give in to their demands rather than go to a baker who has no issue with it then yes I think they're activists with an agenda.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
If we are the haters you claim we'd be throwing you off the tops of buildings. You can't accept disagreement with your lifestyle as anything but hatred. Not so. And trying to shut down Christian expression such as displaying a Christmas tree in public while you want to fly your gay pride flag in public shows who is hating who.
They’re self centered bigots

Integrity

Binge Poster
That's your perception. If I saw someone beating on you because you're a homosexual, or for any other reason than trying to stop you from harming others, I would try to stop him. I don't hate you because you're a homosexual. I disagree with your choices and stand against it becoming just another choice that's promoted as acceptable. But what you do in your bedroom is your business. Just don't try to force it on everyone else.
Has anyone ever tried to force you into the LGBTQ community?
You're allowed to display the gay pride flag. If so then why can't Christians put up a tree in a public place? It doesn't force you to accept Christianity anymore than you displaying your flag forces me to accept your lifestyle. But when you tell a business owner they must set aside their personal religious beliefs to give you what you want you are trying to force them under threat to their livelihood. Gay rights has seen a lot of acceptance in the last few decades. You're at risk of backlash if you try to force your view on others. And for those who say Christians are forcing their will on others we vote on issues that are important to us. If you feel strongly that your way is right then gather enough support to vote it in. If you can't garner enough support then accept the rights you do have and live with it. That's our system.

Integrity

Binge Poster
When they seek out a baker with religious beliefs to force him to give in to their demands rather than go to a baker who has no issue with it then yes I think they're activists with an agenda.
I personally think each case should be taken individually and for it own merits, or lack there of.

Integrity

Binge Poster

Religious zealots lost the midterms for the Republican Party, that should have been a slam dunk victory for republicans, but they couldn’t resist going full on Jesus down people’s throats.
Question @El Correcto,

Can you accept disagreement with your lifestyle as anything but hatred?

I was just curious based on another post.