Longshoremen’s Strike

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
He should have stayed out of it

Look at the post office it's a shame they haven't had a contract for a long time and they cannot strike.
Take away right to strike you take away the power
The air traffic controllers were federal employees, they can't strike. They all agreed to that when they took the job. Pretty dumb strike too, holding out for a 32 hour work week lol.

newfie

Average wage for a longshoreman in Long Beach, Ca.---$43.97 an hour. It's not like they are surviving on starvation wages now.
i think the automation is what really has them worried. We're going to see a lot of this in the future as unions fight the loss of jobs through automation.

newfie

A lot of chatter in the cruise groups.
I'm worried about getting my banana daiquiri....
1727724198712.png

rod

Retired 23 years
i think the automation is what really has them worried. We're going to see a lot of this in the future as unions fight the loss of jobs through automation.
Hard to outsource a longshoreman's job to overseas:rolleyes:--but be careful--they might pull a Ronald Regan and fire everyone and hire new.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Hard to outsource a longshoreman's job to overseas:rolleyes:--but be careful--they might pull a Ronald Regan and fire everyone and hire new.
Plenty of illegal aliens running around. Wasn't there some idiot on here that said we need them to do the work US employees won't? Good for the economy or some uniformed, stupid perspective?