Longshoremen’s Strike

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
How much is Boeing matching in the new plan? Start cutting back, you'll need a lot more than you think socked away every month!

Over70irregs

Regular folk will never save enough to get pension like monthly checks.
Your are correct ✅. Most are done and don’t know it.
1727806537927.png

worldwide

i don't think they can , are longshoreman jobs government jobs?

the big concern here i think is the automation that can eliminate jobs here. It wont eliminate them all but quite a few.

I don't know what they're going to do in 50 years when everything is automated and no one has a job to do unless its the low skilled crap that is left.

The US ports are the last major ports in the world that have automation and are woefully behind the times. In the US, only three terminals (in Los Angeles and Long Beach) are considered fully automated. Another three (one in New Jersey/New York and two in Virginia) are classified as semi-automated, meaning that machines do some of the sorting. A 2022 study by the Economic Roundtable of Los Angeles found that just 572 jobs a year were lost (about 5 percent of the workforce) after automation in California.

No one wants to lose their job to automation but it is inevitable in so many industries. Mining, manufacturing, auto, aircraft...the list goes on. The challenge is for the workers to be able to learn new skills so they can be employable in other jobs. Perhaps they can introduce contract language that offers early-retirement packages for workers impacted by automation. Some European ports did that when they automated.

The US ports are the last major ports in the world that have automation and are woefully behind the times. In the US, only three terminals (in Los Angeles and Long Beach) are considered fully automated. Another three (one in New Jersey/New York and two in Virginia) are classified as semi-automated, meaning that machines do some of the sorting. A 2022 study by the Economic Roundtable of Los Angeles found that just 572 jobs a year were lost (about 5 percent of the workforce) after automation in California.

No one wants to lose their job to automation but it is inevitable in so many industries. Mining, manufacturing, auto, aircraft...the list goes on. The challenge is for the workers to be able to learn new skills so they can be employable in other jobs. Perhaps they can introduce contract language that offers early-retirement packages for workers impacted by automation. Some European ports did that when they automated.
Offer it to us older drivers

Let the new dio schitz follow mapnav

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!

Longshore Union President Who Pledged to “CRIPPLE” the United States, Owns 76-Ft Yacht, Bentley, Is Paid Almost 1 MILLION Per Year, Body of His Co-Defendant In RICO Case Was Found Decomposing In Trunk.​

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

Longshore Union President Who Pledged to “CRIPPLE” the United States, Owns 76-Ft Yacht, Bentley, Is Paid Almost 1 MILLION Per Year, Body of His Co-Defendant In RICO Case Was Found Decomposing In Trunk.​

He sounds unhinged. They supposedly want a 5 dollar and hour raise every year for 6 years.
IMG_6123.gif