Longshoremen’s Strike

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The embargo happened in August of '41. The Japanese had been slaughtering Chinese since '37. Face it, the Japanese had imperialistic designs and they hit Pearl Harbor and the Philippines in a bid to take out their chief rival in the region.

Is it American principles to support despots? You seem to be enamored with dictators.
The only target the Japanese didn't take out at Pearl, was the oil storage tanks.
The lost of those tanks would have crippled the US Navy.

Doublestandards

That’s because half of the dockworkers at the East and Gulf coast ports are allowed to sit at home collecting “container royalties” negotiated decades ago to protect against job losses that result from innovation, according to The Wall Street Journal.
a right wing Robert Murdoch publication being anti union? What a surprise!

Thebrownblob

Being from where I’m from, I don’t have a problem with it. As long as it doesn’t hurt rank and file, I’m fine with it. Sorry, but that’s how I feel.
And of course they’re just allegations, meaningless. As we’ve seen over the last few years.

He stuck up for his members and they stood by him as well. I see no problem here, this is how Unions should work.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
And of course they’re just allegations, meaningless. As we’ve seen over the last few years.
20 acre- palatial estate. Bentley in driveway.

dagget-home.jpg

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Weird how I never see posts about Corporate members mansions and private jets, whose goals are to maximize profit and pay workers as little as possible, but I’m supposed to care about a union leaders Bentley who just got his members 60% raises
How many union members can afford $47k a year in property taxes? Maybe the Bentley was a used car? How much could that be?

newfie

Not sure about the World Wars but definitely should never have gone into Vietnam or Iraq.
there was much for us to learn about Vietnam from the french failures.
without supporting the vietnam war i do think their communist plan for world domination included overthrowing countries and converting them militarily then.
in todays world china use the financial parasite technique to achieve the same desired outcome. Someday we'll all be speaking chinese and wearing those funny looking pajamas without any bloodshed.

PT Car Washer

there was much for us to learn about Vietnam from the french failures.
without supporting the vietnam war i do think their communist plan for world domination included overthrowing countries and converting them militarily then.
in todays world china use the financial parasite technique to achieve the same desired outcome. Someday we'll all be speaking chinese and wearing those funny looking pajamas without any bloodshed.
Unless trump sells the country out to Putin first.