Looks like peak is over.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
When I was a PT preload sup years ago, One of the FT on-roads was riding a driver.
He went into the truck during preload break and made sure every single package on the shelf was label out or facing the front.
This was WAYYYY before EDD and Orion, so that stuff actually mattered.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
All I have read in this thread is solid insight and advice, but let's not lose sight of the 'moral of this thread'.

It is for sure the 'killing season'.
Peak ending, coupled with the front half of a split raise, and it's the perfect storm.

The Company will, for sure, attempt to regain their pound of flesh.
They always do....

Almost to a finite degree, the company has reached a point of saturation in regards

to pkg delivery. Aside from blatant bullying and outright harassment....

Where can they go from here ? What further technology can increase sporh ?

It's time to muscle up, and double down on contract enforcement.

-Bug-

There is no such thing, as a "lock in ride".

(how many times have I said this ?)

It's nothing more than petty intimidation tactics.

"Brown up.... Or, shut up"

Flavor of the month, week, or day.

They move on.

I know drivers that document everything. (on a daily basis, and on their own time)

Start time, number of stops, number of pieces, deviations in their dispatch.... etc.

The company won't come near them.

-Bug-
Chill out... He was just showing a typical manager giving Bs... Did you also read 542s next post... We've seen what he brings to BC... I'm not worried about my boy either.

vvv

Brought into the office today for SPORH. Was told my over allowed is too high. If I don't bring it down they will give me a 3 day "lock in" ride and hold me to that SPORH.

Told them I'm working safe and giving them a fair days work. Told me he doesn't want to hear our Union line.

Anyone else dealing with this stuff this month?
This month.......?? I have heard the same garbage for endless years my friend.
Ya.....they "locked me in" at 16 stops an hour on my particular route. I rarely rarely accomplish that and run 2+ over a day with ease.
Don't let their nonsense pressure take your concentration away from doing the job correctly and safe. The only thing they hope for is that you start rushing under pressure and get injured or in an accident.
Continue to do things right......don't cheat on time or cut corners.....drive the truck with thorough emphasis on safety.......and basically just laugh in their face.
Everyday is different and they can't do nothing about it.....I'm full on proof of that.

Good luck and keep your head!!

vvv

Almost to a finite degree, the company has reached a point of saturation in regards

to pkg delivery. Aside from blatant bullying and outright harassment....

Where can they go from here ? What further technology can increase sporh ?

It's time to muscle up, and double down on contract enforcement.

-Bug-
Very well put.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
First half,....back half???

Either way, split raises suck!!!!

I think we all knew what you meant.

But, you know how vicious the Union forum can be.

Gotta dot your T's.... and cross your eye's. :-)

Not for the company.

And that, translates to some sort of benefit for the company ??

"Can't get it on the first half.... Will get it on the back half."

Very well put.

Thanks.

It's just a reality based observation.

-Bug-

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I think we all knew what you meant.

But, you know how vicious the Union forum can be.

Gotta dot your T's.... and cross your eye's.

It is not being vicious, it is just correcting a mistake. There was no maliciousness involved what-so-ever. You sound like the Democrats and the news media, blowing simple things out of proportion.

And that, translates to some sort of benefit for the company ??

Yes, it does.

It's just a reality based observation.

And a very good observation.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
Brought into the office today for SPORH. Was told my over allowed is too high. If I don't bring it down they will give me a 3 day "lock in" ride and hold me to that SPORH.

Told them I'm working safe and giving them a fair days work. Told me he doesn't want to hear our Union line.

Anyone else dealing with this stuff this month?
Not having to deal with that kind of bs , but plenty of the other junk such as pu compliance, shoes, and ORION. Our job has way to many variables to even give 2 craps about their made up numbers. In a month or 2 they will be on to something else

542thruNthru

A little update.

Looks like they are on another driver for SPORH. They are using his S&V ride he had a week ago against him. Saying he did better with a sup on the car. Steward told them that's crap because they also took pick ups off him that day and helped him with stops. These idiots really think we will just lay down and take it.

vvv

A little update.

Looks like they are on another driver for SPORH. They are using his S&V ride he had a week ago against him. Saying he did better with a sup on the car. Steward told them that's crap because they also took pick ups off him that day and helped him with stops. These idiots really think we will just lay down and take it.
They try because unfortunately most do lay down and get spanked.

Dr.Brownz

I was kidding.
The disconnects I don't like hearing though - can you make your sup call in a log to TSG?

Clearly you have only read about how UPS is supposed to work in corporate training manuals. Like a sup is going to do anything extra beyond the minimum

km3

Like a sup is going to do anything extra beyond the minimum

Well, they would...then they'll stop when it goes nowhere. Like I said, I spoke with a supervisor who followed the "proper" procedure before. Something about outbound scanners needing to be restarted 6 times before getting sent to TSG. He did just that. TSG sent the scanner(s) in question back to him, saying they wouldn't touch them until he tried 10 more times. I think you know how the rest goes...He doesn't care anymore. "Someone else's problem."

dudebro

When I was a PT preload sup years ago, One of the FT on-roads was riding a driver.
He went into the truck during preload break and made sure every single package on the shelf was label out or facing the front.
This was WAYYYY before EDD and Orion, so that stuff actually mattered.
What's funny is, if we want to get the driver's performance to improve, we could just follow the methods in the first place and in many cases it would improve "automagically".

dudebro

Well, they would...then they'll stop when it goes nowhere. Like I said, I spoke with a supervisor who followed the "proper" procedure before. Something about outbound scanners needing to be restarted 6 times before getting sent to TSG. He did just that. TSG sent the scanner(s) in question back to him, saying they wouldn't touch them until he tried 10 more times. I think you know how the rest goes...He doesn't care anymore. "Someone else's problem."
I know, I've seen that a million times. I tell frontline sups all the time "of COURSE no one does anything the first time you ask." That gating factor alone reduces workload 90%. Be the squeaky wheel, and they'll get tired of hearing from you. It's the same everywhere.