Losing the job

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Well, thanks anyway.

You will not lose your FT status, but if this other person does have more seniority, and gets trained, he will be ahead of you in FT seniority.

They may not need you at this time because of him, and you could get laid off. You would then need to check your local layoff language to know what to do.

Are you the lowest senior person in your classification right now?

If yes, you could be laid off. If no, the lowest senior person may get laid off if this guys gets trained and moves to FT.

c+7

You will not lose your FT status, but if this other person does have more seniority, and gets trained, he will be ahead of you in FT seniority.

They may not need you at this time because of him, and you could get laid off. You would then need to check your local layoff language to know what to do.

Are you the lowest senior person in your classification right now?

If yes, you could be laid off. If no, the lowest senior person may get laid off if this guys gets trained and moves to FT.

No, I'm not the lowest. Thanks for your response. I really appreciate it.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
It looks like the OP edited it.
giphy (4).gif

c+7

I think I deleted when I was trying to reply. So I'm posting it again.

I learned today that someone filled a grievance against me claiming seniority issues. I've been a full time employee for almost a year and I just payed the down payment for a house. I need to know if It's possible that I will be demoted to part time again? Will I lose my full time status? I, honestly, don't know anything about this issue because I stick to my work and don't fraternize much.

542thruNthru

I think I deleted when I was trying to reply. So I'm posting it again.

I learned today that someone filled a grievance against me claiming seniority issues. I've been a full time employee for almost a year and I just payed the down payment for a house. I need to know if It's possible that I will be demoted to part time again? Will I lose my full time status? I, honestly, don't know anything about this issue because I stick to my work and don't fraternize much.

We had this exact same thing happen about 5 years ago. I'm sorry to say but the driver was put back in preload till it was his turn and the person that filed the grievance also won another to be paid for all the hours that driver worked over him.

I will say that management wasn't sorry to see the driver leave though. That may or may not have been a factor.

Good luck man. I hope it all works out for you.

jaker

trolling
There are a lot of factors but the main would be did any other drivers get hired after you

Because if there is the guy who is lower will be sent back first

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
We had this exact same thing happen about 5 years ago. I'm sorry to say but the driver was put back in preload till it was his turn

You had the same scenario, but I would guess not the exact same thing. This guy says he was FT for a year, and then the seniority grievance was filed.

A year later, someone just realizes he was passed over?

and the person that filed the grievance also won another to be paid for all the hours that driver worked over him.

This is true, but something doesn't sound right in this situation. A year FT then someone files a grievance.

There are a lot of factors but the main would be did any other drivers get hired after you

Because if there is the guy who is lower will be sent back first

Another good point. Has there been only 1 other FT hired in the past year? The OP says he is not the least senior FTer.

c+7

That's what I can't understand! I've been working as FT for 11 months! Can they make me go back to PT? They hired one more after me.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
That's what I can't understand! I've been working as FT for 11 months! Can they make me go back to PT? They hired one more after me.

Here, they would not make you go back to PT. Worst case scenario is they don't need you temporarily and you are laid off.

If they hired 1 after you, and he has less seniority, you would not go back to PT anywhere.

Does the person they hired after you also have less seniority than the guy filing the grievance?

542thruNthru

You had the same scenario, but I would guess not the exact same thing. This guy says he was FT for a year, and then the seniority grievance was filed.

A year later, someone just realizes he was passed over?

This is true, but something doesn't sound right in this situation. A year FT then someone files a grievance.

Another good point. Has there been only 1 other FT hired in the past year? The OP says he is not the least senior FTer.

Well not knowing every little detail it sounds exactly the same to me. He was a FT for just a little over a year. What happen was 2 centers from two separate buildings switched areas. Cover drivers (pt drivers) were loaned out to each building to help with the switch. The cover driver who had a year more time with the company found out while he was helping with the switch. He was furious and rightfully so. He'd been waiting 10 years to go fulltime.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
He was a FT for just a little over a year.

This is only the second time in over 30 years that I have heard of that much time elapsing for a seniority issue. Yes, I can see how it happens, but if I was wiating for over 10 years to go FT, and we had another "bid" center in a different building, I would be keeping an eye on who went FT in that other building.

What happen was 2 centers from two separate buildings switched areas.

We don't have that here. All ours, and all around me, are only from 1 building. Easy to keep track of.

He was furious and rightfully so.

I don't blame him.

542thruNthru

This is only the second time in over 30 years that I have heard of that much time elapsing for a seniority issue. Yes, I can see how it happens, but if I was wiating for over 10 years to go FT, and we had another "bid" center in a different building, I would be keeping an eye on who went FT in that other building.

We don't have that here. All ours, and all around me, are only from 1 building. Easy to keep track of.

I don't blame him.

We have 4 buildings. 10 centers. It's tough keeping an eye on them. I'm sure a few people have been passed up so some center manager could have the guy he wants. I wish the local would keep a better eye on it and not just HR.

c+7

Here, they would not make you go back to PT. Worst case scenario is they don't need you temporarily and you are laid off.

If they hired 1 after you, and he has less seniority, you would not go back to PT anywhere.

Does the person they hired after you also have less seniority than the guy filing the grievance?
I don't think so!