Mask Detection, and Temperature Scanners Coming to UPS???

Local25BadSanta

A friend of Mine currently works for DHL in LA. He just told me that DHL is bringing in a company that provides facial recognition technology, with mask screening, and temperature screeners. This is pretty awesome in my opinion, it's crazy to me we don't already have something in place like this. We've got 100's of thousand of employees working on top of each other, it would be nice if they cared enough to keep our safety in mind. The company is called Robotic Assistance Devices. Has any one seen one of these yet? Check this :censored2: out: Robotic Assistance Devices Supposedly they're all over L.A.
Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 1.39.52 PM.png

GenericUsername

It's not in the contract that we have to do this. If they want to subject me to more personal invasion then I'm apt to sell it to them at an additional $10 per hour.

Local25BadSanta

How do you know that’s all it’s doing?
🧔✊
I read up on the product. I see your point maybe they can have other tech put in it. But what? Theres already cameras everywhere. I guess I don't see what they could do that would be controlling with this particular product. I'm not trying to argue, if you have a valid concern I'd side with you.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
You think it's dumb to know if your fellow co-worker is sick? If the people you talk to at PCM are sick wouldn't you want to know. Or would you just complain that you got sick after and say UPS did nothing to prevent it?
That original post is complaining....

Good luck tho

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I don't think this has much to do with that. That's an awful thought though, don't be a sheepeople. Stand up!

Maybe we wouldn't have so much of a problem with infectious diseases if companies didn't harass their employees when they call off sick. They caused the problem and they want the solution to be having the right ascertain our health information. I won't even go into the mask issues.

Let's say their machine says you have a fever, and they tell you to go home. Do you have the right to challenge the machine's information? Should you have to? Let's say you naturally run at a higher than normal temperature? Do you have to prove that? Why is it their business? I could go on and on about the privacy concerns that even this tiny bit of required divulgance brings up. I find the fact that people are so readily willing to accept even this level of invasion to be quite troubling.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
UPS would never spend the money on this technology , they simply don’t care if we are sick. They don’t want a high temperature being recorded then the route would have to be covered last minute.
🧔✊