Meaningless Fluff

moreluck

golden ticket member
We had Johnny Marzetti. It's like school cafeteria goulash, but I love it. We end up having leftovers for days. Then I don't make it for awhile and then I crave it. I just change it up every night with salad or cole slaw. I always love plain & simple peasant food.....like buttered cabbage & noodles.

Johnny Marzetti

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We had Johnny Marzetti. It's like school cafeteria goulash, but I love it. We end up having leftovers for days. Then I don't make it for awhile and then I crave it. I just change it up every night with salad or cole slaw. I always love plain & simple peasant food.....like buttered cabbage & noodles.

Johnny Marzetti

I call this goulash and will make a pot of it on a Sunday and it will last me until I get tired of it on Wednesday or Thursday. I will dust it with parmesan cheese and serve it with 2-3 slices of buttered bread and an ice cold Coors Light.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The recipe is attributed to the Marzetti family who had a restaurant in Columbus and they wanted a cheap dish to feed starving students......they developed the original recipe and the lady named it after a family member Johnny Marzetti. It's been altered to suit everybody's taste over the years. I like "hot stuff" in it. Like the red cayenne peppers we grow in the back yard.

http://ohiothoughtsblog.blogspot.com/2013/03/johnny-marzetti-recipe-and-history.html

moreluck

golden ticket member
Ohio is BIG in food history
Everybody has heard of Stouffer's.......but I remember taking the bus with an aunt to Cleveland to eat at a "fancy" restaurant called Stouffers.

When things get cold & snowy, there's not a lot to do, so food is important...good food. Having the different ethnic neighborhoods also makes for the best. Italian neighborhoods smelled great on Sunday mornings. Polish neighborhoods in Cleveland have the best pierogis. Who else has heard of the Barberton Chicken Houses ?? Google it. The best and I miss it so much.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian

Johnny Marzetti
Sounds like cannibalism.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I used to deliver inBarberton back in the day. There used to be at least half a dozen chicken houses each with a loyal following. Also the west side market in Cleveland is a great place get good ethnic eats.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I used to deliver inBarberton back in the day. There used to be at least half a dozen chicken houses each with a loyal following. Also the west side market in Cleveland is a great place get good ethnic eats.
The Village Inn on Cleve-Massilon Rd (if I remember right) is the best in my opinion!!
Hopocan Gardens was favored by my in-laws. Belgrade Gardens was the spot for many of our special events. Gosh,I miss that food!!! There's nothing like it !!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
browngasm_lg-1.gif