Meaningless Fluff

moreluck

golden ticket member
Why NOT to buy Walmart gift cards.
With grandkids in 3 different states, gift cards are the easiest and no shipping involved. We just have to make sure the gift card is from a store in their area. Walmart is all over the place, so I choose it for the kids.
We got granddaughter (in Florida) a Walmart gift card for her b-day. She went to her local Walmart, loaded up a cart and was told at check-out that there was a 'zero' balance on the card.

In checking things out, the card was spent in Las Vegas 2 days before she even received the card in Florida!

I always like to look at the gift card carousels in the grocery stores, but if you want a Walmart card, you can only buy their card from their store.

We got it all straightened, out but it took over 2 hours on the phone and the Internet.
For the future, we won't use Walmart gift cards. The thieves have found a way to steal. ....and the Walmart doesn't care about your $50. No Walmart gift cards for us anymore.

Daughter said they had a big article in the Vegas paper about this scheme. I will only buy gift cards from the carousels in the grocery stores from now on.

moreluck

golden ticket member
69d88c0e35ace66ee7455e4e650f0398.jpg