Media Bias

vantexan

“CNN Plus, the news network’s dedicated streaming service, is shutting down before even turning a month old. Chris Licht, the new CEO of CNN, delivered the news to his new team at an all-hands meeting on Thursday, and the service will shut down entirely on April 30th.”
Chris Wallace left his highly rated Sunday Morning news show on FOX to work at CNN+. Oops. He's a millionaire anyways.

Box Ox

Chris Wallace left his highly rated Sunday Morning news show on FOX to work at CNN+. Oops. He's a millionaire anyways.

Yeah. I’ve never really watched Fox News so I haven’t seen much of him in action. Probably seen more of his dad, Mike Wallace over on 60 Minutes before he died.

But it did seem like a bad career move for him unless he figured he could be comfortably retired anyway if CNN+ didn’t work out.

The article photo/gif for the headline about the shutdown over on Fox News right now:

3064F061-F96D-4A6C-8207-BB999CCDBA74.jpeg

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Yeah. I’ve never really watched Fox News so I haven’t seen much of him in action. Probably seen more of his dad, Mike Wallace over on 60 Minutes before he died.

But it did seem like a bad career move for him unless he figured he could be comfortably retired anyway if CNN+ didn’t work out.

The article photo/gif for the headline about the shutdown over on Fox News right now:

View attachment 380991

🤣🤣🤣🤣
Let's see they spend $300M for only 150,000 subscribers.
Who developed their business plan ?

vantexan

View attachment 380991

🤣🤣🤣🤣
He's 74 so he's probably not too worried. He made $7 million a year at FOX. He wasn't a Trump fan and I think he wanted to make a statement leaving FOX before retiring anyways.

Box Ox

Does this spell the end of CNN ?

Nah. They're the news face of Warner Bros. Discovery. Too big to fail with their worldwide airport presence, probably But:

"Warner Bros. Discovery has billions in debt, much of which is a result of the deal to combine the company, and executives are under pressure to find $3 billion in savings that Wall Street is expecting from them."

Hopefully the necessary cuts all around will force them to drop some of their overly expensive propaganda tards. Especially in prime time. Jake Tapper is really the only current CNN personality I could see truly being able to fit into the new "just the news" model that the new management from Discovery might be interested in. I wouldn't mind if the channel were to become watchable again.

Box Ox

CNN+ customers will receive prorated refunds of subscription fees, the company announced.

Which would mostly be between like 10 cents and $2.99 since they were offering 50% off "for life" to new subscribers through the first month post-launch.

Box Ox

“After April 28, 2022, the CNN+ daily and weekly shows, Interview Club, and the on-demand library of CNN Original Series and Films will no longer be available,” the message reads.

Active subscribers will receive a full refund, and subscriptions will be officially canceled on that date.

Last week, CNN’s new parent Warner Bros. Discovery announced that they planned to close CNN+ as of the end of the month, April 30 — a stunning move given that the service was not even a month old and had just launched on March 28. CNN poured nearly $100 million into development costs for the streaming service, in addition to huge expenses on promotion."

-----------------------------------------

"CNN+ employed 300 and had plans for a workforce of about 500. Warner Bros. Discovery said it was working to provide positions for them elsewhere in the company, but in the aftermath of the closure announcement, some CNN posted messages urging other outlets to hire their colleagues."

rickyb

“After April 28, 2022, the CNN+ daily and weekly shows, Interview Club, and the on-demand library of CNN Original Series and Films will no longer be available,” the message reads.

Active subscribers will receive a full refund, and subscriptions will be officially canceled on that date.

Last week, CNN’s new parent Warner Bros. Discovery announced that they planned to close CNN+ as of the end of the month, April 30 — a stunning move given that the service was not even a month old and had just launched on March 28. CNN poured nearly $100 million into development costs for the streaming service, in addition to huge expenses on promotion."

-----------------------------------------

"CNN+ employed 300 and had plans for a workforce of about 500. Warner Bros. Discovery said it was working to provide positions for them elsewhere in the company, but in the aftermath of the closure announcement, some CNN posted messages urging other outlets to hire their colleagues."
hopefully FOX and MSNBC go bankrupt soon

rickyb

Oh, so you watch FOX?
i was doing a camp railway job and i was watching MSM full time for a few months so i know what im talking about and ive heard the critiques of it too. theres a narrow range of acceptable debate on MSM, plus they dont have good ppl on. in addition they have advertisers and they pick sides with the govt, so in FOX's case theyre effectively state propaganda for republican party