millions of americans will be homeless today

oldngray

nowhere special
Shawna Burley Hibiscus
@shawna_burley
·
14h

Why do you need healthcare or homes when you can have this???????
8XsAIcWSM.png

DiadesSuk

lets do it man.

willing to bet most of it is corona virus related
lol bull.. @rickyb I live down the road from a landlord that owns roughly 15 homes in our part of the county. 8 of those have not paid him a dime for over a year. I know one of the young mothers that rents from him as her kid plays softball with my daughter. She was overheard at a game telling the other mothers about how she got $$$$ from her kids. No one questioned how she spent the money but shes on the eviction list.. Now shes trying to smear the guys name through the mud at the baseball field for telling her months in advance to begin looking for a new place as he is moving to evict as soon as he could. Hell at least he gave her a warning. My wifes close friend had lunch with her and she made jokes about trashing the place when she is forced to leave.

BeefiestMass

Landlords are like cops: the things and people they have to deal with are usually really :censored2:ty, but they themselves are mostly subhuman trash so it's hard to muster up any sympathy.

over9five

Staff member
My wife and I own residential and commercial rental property. The PPP, SBA, State and Local small business assist programs made up for all rental shortages. We had no financial hardship and the government loans we took out have been forgiven. Some property owners must have not researched the programs or just refused to take government assistance. What's even more interesting, we belong to several non profit businesses (church, Elks, Rotary and area SBA) and we lost no incomes during the shut down. Our church received more 750k, all forgiven.
What does "forgiven" mean? It means others paid for it ie taxpayers, right?

rickyb

If I owned property and people were renting from me I would certainly be upset if the government said they didn't have to pay what they owed me.

Where is my free money?
well ur perfectly ok with capitalists ripping employees off on the daily sooo

Up In Smoke

Those have nothing to do with renters. Unless the renters used the money to pay what they owed me.
The government stepped in and paid their rent for them in form of PPP and SBA money. I don't know the exact percent of non payers in our rentals, but the commercial renters had a much harder time making their payments.

El Correcto

god is dead
Here is reality, 10's of millions of people lost their jobs due to the Covid/trump recession. Then many of them couldn't get unemployment benefits at all or for many months. Many also didn't get the rental insurance money and many landlords refused to participate in the rental relief programs. What good does it do under those circumstances to allow millions of families to get evicted? What does that accomplish but making the economy worse, making homelessness worse and all the myriad issues that come with homelessness?
I’ve been against lock downs since day 1, because I’m against people going homeless, I’m against poverty.

You people wanted this and now are crying about it. You need to get a grip.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
The government stepped in and paid their rent for them in form of PPP and SBA money. I don't know the exact percent of non payers in our rentals, but the commercial renters had a much harder time making their payments.
Where did "the government" get the money? The government Christmas account???

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
I’ve been against lock downs since day 1, because I’m against people going homeless, I’m against poverty.

You people wanted this and now are crying about it. You need to get a grip.
All they wanted was Trump's head on a stick and they'll never stop.
Their hatred blinds them more than the hazed myopia they already have.

Looking downstream (strategically) is not in the Democrat set of skills...