More bad press from...of course GROUND

dezguy

We got told today , the little bit of express that we were giving ground is coming back. Wawawa
For now.

This will be the new normal Ground will get that stuff back once everything goes back to ground. When they can't handle it, it'll get shifted back to Express, temporarily.

Gone fishin

For now.

This will be the new normal Ground will get that stuff back once everything goes back to ground. When they can't handle it, it'll get shifted back to Express, temporarily.
Complete failure. Drivers quitting left and right. Money is not worth 250 stops. Better and easier jobs out there.

MAKAVELI

Banned
A temporary unforeseen massive spike in volume is not going to change the long term plan. The majority of contractors are doing fine and keeping up.
That massive spike is not going to go down to previous volume levels. Covid-19 has only strengthened e-commerce demand. Brick and mortar retail is all but dead. FedEx will have to change their long term plan to adjust. Separating the opcos is just too inefficient and they know it.

It will be fine

That massive spike is not going to go down to previous volume levels. Covid-19 has only strengthened e-commerce demand. Brick and mortar retail is all but dead. FedEx will have to change their long term plan to adjust. Separating the opcos is just too inefficient and they know it.
What makes you believe the pivot will be to a higher cost structure?

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
So not true about the brick and mortar. Companies are starting to charge people for returns. I am hearing more and more people hoping the stores open.

MAKAVELI

Banned
So not true about the brick and mortar. Companies are starting to charge people for returns. I am hearing more and more people hoping the stores open.
Anecdotal at best. Even in a down economy, volume is at peak levels. You really think once everything is open people will be flocking to stores just to stand in line for hours and be close to a bunch of other people?

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
Anecdotal at best. Even in a down economy, volume is at peak levels. You really think once everything is open people will be flocking to stores just to stand in line for hours and be close to a bunch of other people?
I think if the companies keep charging for returns. Like most of them are starting to do. Then yes people will go back to the stores.

MAKAVELI

Banned
They have thrown everything but the kitchen sink to try and make having two separate systems as efficient as one. Hasn't worked and never will. They even combined Home and Ground, that should tell you something right there.

MAKAVELI

Banned
I think if the companies keep charging for returns. Like most of them are starting to do. Then yes people will go back to the stores.
People will adjust and companies will too. When people figure out the cost and time to drive to a store, stand in line for hours, they'll gladly pay a return fee.

It will be fine

They have thrown everything but the kitchen sink to try and make having two separate systems as efficient as one. Hasn't worked and never will. They even combined Home and Ground, that should tell you something right there.
They keep adding more to the Ground network. Why do you think they would change course and start sending more volume to the highest cost division in the corporation?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
'Cause your packages look like this.

p5070008.jpg

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
The majority of contractors are doin

Yup, my investor group aren't using FedEx Freight. But those other subcontractors are still getting way too many iCs...

I still see them in their 18 foot straight trucks loading up close to noon & they aren't going out with a full load.

We're down to 3 bulk routes out of the 20 route belt line.

I didn't have to drive today since everyone else was evenly dispatched.

The 4 other belt lines (different company names, but ALL under the same investor group) are also caught up. I volunteered to help, but they all juggled their overflow effectively so everyone will be done by 1900.

MAKAVELI

Banned
They keep adding more to the Ground network. Why do you think they would change course and start sending more volume to the highest cost division in the corporation?
Because having one all employee workforce is the best and most efficient system long term. Ground has had a good run for awhile now. But that time is nearing it's end. Costs will continue to rise at ground for expansion and labor costs, lowering profit levels to the point of not as cost effective as having one system.