More bad press from...of course GROUND

bbsam

Staff member
Is that what you would say when you visit your employee in the hospital or When his wife calls asking for help with medical bills while husband in a med induced coma??
I had an employee commit suicide. Would you expect me to financially support his family for the next 30 years?

bacha29

How many successful people do you think have the mindset of expecting other people to take care of them?
Aren't your employees taking care of you. ? Look man you're nothing more than a human Judas Goat. You lead those people up to X where they can freely use, misuse, and abuse them because they are not legally bound to them in any way shape or form while you just stand there and watch. And when they and you are done with them they're tossed back out into the economy to fend for themselves and no better skilled at that while you go search for more.

You try to tell us about how you're doing so much to help them prepare for advancement in the workforce. And just how are you doing that?

Here, let me help you out. I'll just label my comments "funny' or "creative" so you don't have to.

It will be fine

Well since Healthcare is a HUMAN right..

You rely on Medicaid for your LOW wage pay
I pay half my employee’s health insurance premiums. That doesn’t address your desire for someone else to take care of you. Seriously do yourself a favor and move past the infantile mindset of expecting your employer to be your parent. That’s not their role in your life.

It will be fine

Aren't your employees taking care of you. ? Look man you're nothing more than a human Judas Goat. You lead those people up to X where they can freely use, misuse, and abuse them because they are not legally bound to them in any way shape or form while you just stand there and watch. And when they and you are done with them they're tossed back out into the economy to fend for themselves and no better skilled at that while you go search for more.

You try to tell us about how you're doing so much to help them prepare for advancement in the workforce. And just how are you doing that?

Here, let me help you out. I'll just label my comments "funny' or "creative" so you don't have to.
Their advancement in the economy at large is not my responsibility. I offer a wage for a job. They accept it and gain commercial driving experience. Why do you think an employer owes their employees more than the compensation both parties agree on?

bbsam

Staff member

Ain’t America great?

bacha29

Their advancement in the economy at large is not my responsibility. I offer a wage for a job. They accept it and gain commercial driving experience. Why do you think an employer owes their employees more than the compensation both parties agree on?
LMFAO! Since when has a non CDL driving position been considered to be commercial driving experience? That's like trying to say that delivering boxes out of the trunk of your car is "commercial driving experience".

bacha29

I disagree. And eventually the labor movement in this country will get off their dead asses and do something to make it better.
Your attempt to deflect blame onto a broad segment of the economy is clear proof why it's would be better for you if you were to say nothing.

It will be fine

LMFAO! Since when has a non CDL driving position been considered to be commercial driving experience? That's like trying to say that delivering boxes out of the trunk of your car is "commercial driving experience".
You don’t think driving a 26ft straight truck counts as commercial driving experience? You don’t think companies are looking for drivers with that experience? Your lack of understanding of labor is truly exceptional.

bbsam

Staff member
We’ve had several drivers in our building go and drive at both Express and UPS. Did experience at Ground not count?

floridays

Why would either of those things happen? My employees aren’t my friends or my family. If you expect your employer to be either of those things you are going to be disappointed and disgruntled like many of the losers here that complain about FedEx. You’ll be better off with a clear understanding of the employment relationship.
I traveled 1200 miles to attend a mans funeral I worked for for 10 years that had fired me 15 years previous to his death. It's safe to say you will not have no one attend your funeral with a like story.
He is remembered to this day by hundreds of former workers and their families for the way he treated his employees. This man could buy and sell you a hundred times over, minimum.
You're afraid to have a relationship with your employees because it may cost you something one day.
Don't confuse yourself with a titan of industry, you only run a little package delivery service at the pleasure of FedEx. Nothing more, nothing less.

floridays

I had an employee commit suicide. Would you expect me to financially support his family for the next 30 years?
No, I would expect you to attend the funeral and share the grief and extend compassion to the family. I'm sure you did both.
You try to project a tuff guy image but you've got a heart.
I'd even say every once and awhile you might check up on them and see if you could be of any service to them. It's just the proper thing to do.