More bad press from...of course GROUND

bacha29

That’s about the silliest attempt at logic I’ve seen from you.
Not as silly as your attempts to tell us that you as an employer are not legally responsible to provide your employees with a healthy and safe workplace environment.......OSHA might have something different say in regard to that belief..

bbsam

Staff member
Not as silly as your attempts to tell us that you as an employer are not legally responsible to provide your employees with a healthy and safe workplace environment.......OSHA might have something different say in regard to that belief..
If COVID 19 is traced to a Fedex facility, that’s not on me. If to a location we service, we simply don’t service that location. How hard is this for you to understand?

bacha29

@bacha29 you mean you actually sold routes for money that you insist are worth nothing? You bastard!
I had already turned in my notice and was prepared just to walk away on a Friday but Tuesday night Tony comes running up and made an offer on the condition that I stay a bit longer in the hope that it would give him time to find financing and serve as a blocking action against the efforts of the other contractors to take over the route because if one of the other contractors got it they would in turn be blocking his efforts to get up to scale which in turn would have forced him to sell to them on their terms.

bacha29

If COVID 19 is traced to a Fedex facility, that’s not on me. If to a location we service, we simply don’t service that location. How hard is this for you to understand?
Then where else will you get loaded other than a Fedex facility? It's their boxes, their facility and your assigned place of loading and if it is a proven cauldron of COVID and they tell you this facility is where you WILL load out of.......what are you going to do about it?

bbsam

Staff member
Then where else will you get loaded other than a Fedex facility? It's their boxes, their facility and your assigned place of loading and if it is a proven cauldron of COVID and they tell you this facility is where you WILL load out of.......what are you going to do about it?
That’s for the company to decide now isn’t it?

bbsam

Staff member
I had already turned in my notice and was prepared just to walk away on a Friday but Tuesday night Tony comes running up and made an offer on the condition that I stay a bit longer in the hope that it would give him time to find financing and serve as a blocking action against the efforts of the other contractors to take over the route because if one of the other contractors got it they would in turn be blocking his efforts to get up to scale which in turn would have forced him to sell to them on their terms.
So you sold it for $1?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

...and was there any financial incentive from Tony for staying if he was unable to secure financing...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Just had one of your Ground guys delivering in my complex. Pulled beyond the stop, did a blind side back to get even with the sidewalk, threw it in park, left it running with the drivers door open, made the delivery and went on his way. Seemed like a nice enough guy.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Just had one of your Ground guys delivering in my complex. Pulled beyond the stop, did a blind side back to get even with the sidewalk, threw it in park, left it running with the drivers door open, made the delivery and went on his way. Seemed like a nice enough guy.
Snapshot of a Professional!

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Other than both being health related subjects, what is the connection you're trying to make between medical coverage, and a safe workplace environment? They're apples and coconuts.

bbsam

Staff member
Right. And if you you refuse to load out of their facility we both know what they're going to do with you and it there is little chance that it will be in your favor.
You think they’re going to load out of a facility with an active outbreak going on in it? Why do you think that?

bacha29

So you sold it for $1?
The value of a contract outside of the book value of the trucks themselves which is less everyday is whatever Ground says it's worth due to the fact that they are your only client and they not you decides how much they'll pay you to deliver their freight.

You and I'm sure many others are basing the payoff coming in the form of somebody throwing a mountain of money down in front of you for your contract. It's dream land purely imaginary when you look at all the factors that could just as easily prevent that from happening. As long as you're hauling under Ground's DOT tags, hauling their freight only with little to nothing in the way of a secondary market for your services and under a tightly controlled one year contract under terms that are not binding upon Ground or the corporation as a whole......you tell me....just exactly do you actually have that can be considered certain value?

Not to mention the fact that if the historic depression level collapse of the economy which many economists fear becomes reality transports are always hit earliest and the hardest with a mountain of surplus capacity much of which will never be sued again.

bacha29

You think they’re going to load out of a facility with an active outbreak going on in it? Why do you think that?
If they proclaim the facility safe solely on the basis of the lip service measures they're taking whether or not it has been determined to be safe by qualified health professionals and they tell you to pull in and load what will you do aside from complying?