More bad press from...of course GROUND

bbsam

Staff member
No, I would expect you to attend the funeral and share the grief and extend compassion to the family. I'm sure you did both.
You try to project a tuff guy image but you've got a heart.
I'd even say every once and awhile you might check up on them and see if you could be of any service to them. It's just the proper thing to do.
Yes to all of the above. None of it required.
However, I don’t do weddings for any co-workers. Wouldn’t do them for family members if I could avoid them.

bbsam

Staff member
Probably the same amount that think it's the governments (citizens) responsibility to provide healthcare because an employer won't purchase a group policy.
Why do you think any employer should be responsible for an employee’s healthcare?

bacha29

You don’t think driving a 26ft straight truck counts as commercial driving experience? You don’t think companies are looking for drivers with that experience? Your lack of understanding of labor is truly exceptional.
My so called "lack of understanding of labor" is greatly exceeded by your lack of understanding of the fact that this so called "business" of yours and the ulterior motives surrounding it have been fully examined and exposed ......and it's not a pretty sight.....And what you're unhappy about is that your efforts to project this so called "business" in a positive light have been completely rejected .

Look, we know how the OPCO operates along with why it operates in the manner it does and for what purpose it operates along with your role in it. And it sure as hell isn't about creating equity for contractors, the company itself made that clear or to build employee resumes. it's about acquiring trucking and labor at the lowest possible cost in order to maximize company profits. That's it nothing more. Oh and by the way, the 26' straight truck would in all likelihood be a non CDL under 26,000 because you don't impress me as someone who would willing pay highway taxes if he can get away with it .

It will be fine

My so called "lack of understanding of labor" is greatly exceeded by your lack of understanding of the fact that this so called "business" of yours and the ulterior motives surrounding it have been fully examined and exposed ......and it's not a pretty sight.....And what you're unhappy about is that your efforts to project this so called "business" in a positive light have been completely rejected .

Look, we know how the OPCO operates along with why it operates in the manner it does and for what purpose it operates along with your role in it. And it sure as hell isn't about creating equity for contractors, the company itself made that clear or to build employee resumes. it's about acquiring trucking and labor at the lowest possible cost in order to maximize company profits. That's it nothing more. Oh and by the way, the 26' straight truck would in all likelihood be a non CDL under 26,000 because you don't impress me as someone who would willing pay highway taxes if he can get away with it .
Blah blah. You received some money for the equity your one man operation created but still deny it exists. How do you live disregarding facts that you know firsthand to be true? You are delusional.

Working4the1%

Their advancement in the economy at large is not my responsibility. I offer a wage for a job. They accept it and gain commercial driving experience. Why do you think an employer owes their employees more than the compensation both parties agree on?
Your reason $15 an hour is on its way...1/20/21
47CD52F7-BC7A-4129-B486-C8218D23F4F6.jpeg

bacha29

Why do you think any employer should be responsible for an employee’s healthcare?
Healthcare as it terms of providing employer funded health insurance unless required to do so.....no he isn't. But the one thing he is required to do and that is to take the necessary measures to ensure the workplace health and safety of his employees. So in this case if he continues to send his employees into a work facility where the COVID 19 virus has been proven to have been found to exist and willfully exposes his own employees to it then that is when is when the feces hits the rotating oscillator.

floridays

I don't.
I was playing on the fact that @It will be fine thinks it's the governments responsibility.
Employer sponsored health care was initiated as a part of a benefit package to recruit and retain valuable employees. It was just a cost of doing business, part of the total compensation. @It will be fine has made it clear he has no desire in retaining employees for any extended length of time.
I don't prefer a need for anything like the ACA because employers have chosen to limit or dissolve these benefit packages to enhance their bottom line. Give the guys less take home pay and a group policy and don't force others to subsidize their healthcare.

Last edited:

bbsam

Staff member
Healthcare as it terms of providing employer funded health insurance unless required to do so.....no he isn't. But the one thing he is required to do and that is to take the necessary measures to ensure the workplace health and safety of his employees. So in this case if he continues to send his employees into a work facility where the COVID 19 virus has been proven to have been found to exist and willfully exposes his own employees to it then that is when is when the feces hits the rotating oscillator.
That’s about the silliest attempt at logic I’ve seen from you.