movie review

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Just watched "Nights in Rodanthe" with Richard Gere & Diane Lane. I like her.

It was just a so-so girlie movie.:sad-very:
We like her too, and I liked her in must love dogs. She's been acting for quite some time now.

We just saw No Country for Old Men, which was recommended quite some time ago by one of my Home Depot receivers. I didn't really see what all the hoopla was about, though I think he wanted me to see it because he resembled the bad guy.

javier-bardem-in-no-country-for-old-men.jpg
attachment.php

jjhd.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
OK, I'm no longer "with it" or "cool" or whatever the term is for today, but I just had to watch Borat last night on TV. I needed to find out who this Sasha Baron Cohen person is and what's the big deal.

OK, I laughed out loud at a few of the spots in the movie......mostly bathroom humor. I was probably more entertained (?) than with a Will Ferrell movie. This guy is very different & weird but I can't say I don't like him.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Went to go see "My Sister's Keeper" last night. Wow! Hands down the best movie I have seen in quite some time. The story line intrigued me and the movie did not disappoint. Bring some Kleenex.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Last night I re-watched an old one.....Kramer VS. Kramer. I'd forgotten what a good movie that was.......and how young Dustin Hoffman and Meryl Streep were. Enjoyed it.

over9five

Staff member
Saw Transformers over the weekend. I hated it. Too many robot battles, I couldn't tell the good guys from the bad guys!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Hangover is on my list 'to rent'. We watched "Knowing" last night with Nicholas Cage. I really liked it and was entertained for 121 minutes.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I wanted to see Harry Potter. Instead I got shanghaied into staying home and watching Milk. It was actually better than I thought, whatever else you might think about Sean Penn the guy is a hell of an actor and you can see why both he and Josh Brolin (who is a dead ringer for Dan White, the character he plays) got Oscar nods. I will say that if you can't handle seeing two guys making out, you better skip this one cuz you're gonna get plenty of that. I'm just glad I had my wife right there for validation :wink2:.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yet another rainy Saturday here in Upstate NY so I am going to go watch "Public Enemies" with Johnny Depp. "Orphan" comes out next weekend and looks to be a good one. Yes, I do go to the movies a lot!