movie review

moreluck

golden ticket member
We watched "Where God Left His Shoes" with John Leguizamo. What a roller coaster ride for a homeless family. It was pretty good.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just watched "Last House on the Left". Very suspenseful, very bloody. Hands down the disposal, head in the microwave, etc. It kept my attention for almost 2 hours.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We watched that movie "Fragments" last night. It was OK, trying to imitate 'Crash' with a bunch of characters strung together by a violent act in a diner and how it affects all of their lives.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Watched "Burn After Reading" with George Clooney, John Malkovitch & Brad Pitt. I'd never seen Brad Pitt play such an idiot/weirdo.

I sure hope our state dept. is nothing like what's portrayed in this movie. It was an OK movie.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Watched "Burn After Reading" with George Clooney, John Malkovitch & Brad Pitt. I'd never seen Brad Pitt play such an idiot/weirdo.

I sure hope our state dept. is nothing like what's portrayed in this movie. It was an OK movie.
I thought it was funny, but very uneven. And the humor was pretty dark, though I tend to like it that way :happy2:.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
We are getting to be big fans of Mark Wahlberg. Shooter, 4 Brothers and We Own the Night are really good movies. I especially liked Shooter.

Rented the HBO comedy series "Eastbound and Down". Offensive humor,language and yes even a little nudity. It is the kind of crap programing that appeals to the lowest common denominator. Highly recommended.

rod

Retired 22 years
Just watched "Last House on the Left". Very suspenseful, very bloody. Hands down the disposal, head in the microwave, etc. It kept my attention for almost 2 hours.

Was the remake as good as the original one? I can't say I've seen a great movie since Joe Dirt came out:wink2:
joe dirt's funniest moments

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just watched "State of Play" with Russell Crowe & Ben Affleck. It was pretty good. It's about deception, manipulation and corruption in D.C. So it must be a fantasy.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Watched Tyson last night, I thought it was fascinating. He's clearly a troubled individual (I think we all knew this), but it's also clear that he recognizes that fact and spends a lot of time thinking about it and trying to figure himself out. He's surprisingly introspective, which is something I didn't really expect from him.
Also finally got around to seeing the latest Harry Potter movie in the theater on Saturday, not bad at all. I really wanted to see District 9 though, but maybe next weekend....

moreluck

golden ticket member
RE: Tyson

It seems that his trainer early on (Cus D'Amato) kept him under control, but when his trainer died, he was never the same.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
RE: Tyson

It seems that his trainer early on (Cus D'Amato) kept him under control, but when his trainer died, he was never the same.
Yup, that really came through in the movie as well. I wouldn't say kept him under control so much as provided guidance and a father figure that actually cared for him, a person in whom he could trust. After Cus died he was basically surrounded by people who just wanted to make money off his boxing skills.