movie review

moreluck

golden ticket member
We just watched "We Bought a Zoo". Matt Damon beats out Brad Pitt in the hot dept. since Brad is so scraggly looking lately. I likes the movie.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Spent a cool and dreary Sunday watching "Dark Shadows". Very, very good movie. Johnny Depp really sinks his teeth in to this one. For those of us old enough to remember the TV series this remake is spot on. Add this one to your Netflix.

The previews had two good upcoming movies. The first was "Argo", which was written and directed by Ben Affleck and is about 6 of the Iranian hostages who managed to escape with the help of a faux Hollywood film team. The second was "Snow White and the Huntress" and is written from the perspective of the witch. The other preview was an Adam Sandler movie "That's My Boy" which is predictable and forgetable.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Spent a cool and dreary Sunday watching "Dark Shadows". Very, very good movie. Johnny Depp really sinks his teeth in to this one. For those of us old enough to remember the TV series this remake is spot on. Add this one to your Netflix.

The previews had two good upcoming movies. The first was "Argo", which was written and directed by Ben Affleck and is about 6 of the Iranian hostages who managed to escape with the help of a faux Hollywood film team. The second was "Snow White and the Huntress" and is written from the perspective of the witch. The other preview was an Adam Sandler movie "That's My Boy" which is predictable and forgetable.

Took my wife to see "Dark Shadows" this evening. We just got home. Great movie! We saw it at our local little family-owned theater that has been showing films since the 1930's. The stuffing is coming out of some of the seats and it has one little tiny bathroom, but the history in that building is amazing. Tickets are only $6, and refreshments are less than half of what the major cinemas charge.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I love Cusak.
cusack.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
Watched "The Devil Inside". Big disappointment!! I was suckered in by the main picture.......a nun with "milky eyes"

That image is enough to make you think it's a good scary movie. Good thing it was RedBox and I only blew $1.29!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
The bad news is I wasted 1 hour and 47 minutes of my life.
The good news is I got 50 cents off my movie rental at Red box.

The movie was "Rampart".....with Woody Harrelson, Ned Beatty, Ice Cube, Sigourney Weaver, Ann Heche, Cynthia Nixon, Ben Foster, Steve Buscemi and Robin Wright. Lots of people doesn't make up for a weak story!!

All Woody did all the time was light cigarettes. It was to the point of being annoying. Some people can talk with a ferret hanging off their lips, but Woody is not one of them. I could not understand what he was saying with the cig. in his mouth. He needs to practice in the mirror.
Don't waste your time, don't waste your money!!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
The bad news is I wasted 1 hour and 47 minutes of my life.
The good news is I got 50 cents off my movie rental at Red box.

The movie was "Rampart".....with Woody Harrelson, Ned Beatty, Ice Cube, Sigourney Weaver, Ann Heche, Cynthia Nixon, Ben Foster, Steve Buscemi and Robin Wright. Lots of people doesn't make up for a weak story!!

All Woody did all the time was light cigarettes. It was to the point of being annoying. Some people can talk with a ferret hanging off their lips, but Woody is not one of them. I could not understand what he was saying with the cig. in his mouth. He needs to practice in the mirror.
Don't waste your time, don't waste your money!!

I cannot stand WH. I would not watch this movie just because he was in it.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We watched "Killer Elite"with Clive Owen and DeNiro.

"When his mentor is taken captive, a retired member of Britain's Elite Special Air Service is forced into action. His mission: kill three assassins dispatched by their cunning leader." (IMDb)

I happened to pick up my Globe and totally lost interest in the movie....Bob watched it 'til the end....what a trooper!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
We watched "Killer Elite"with Clive Owen and DeNiro.

"When his mentor is taken captive, a retired member of Britain's Elite Special Air Service is forced into action. His mission: kill three assassins dispatched by their cunning leader." (IMDb)

I happened to pick up my Globe and totally lost interest in the movie....Bob watched it 'til the end....what a trooper!

​I've seen it. I thought it was a good movie but then I like movies like that.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Neeson's Back in 'Taken 2'...........

Liam Neeson returns as Bryan Mills, the CIA agent who boasts of having "a very particular set of skills" for hunting down bad guys. But in the sequel (out Oct 5), he's the one under the gun.

"I took a lot of Albanian guys, smugglers and sex traffickers {in the first film}, Neeson says. "So now it's their uncles, brothers fathers who have mtive to fne me come hell or high water."

Their goal is to torture and humliate Mills before bringing him back for execution.

(from Anthony Breznican, Entertainment Werkly)