movie review

moreluck

golden ticket member
"We Need To Talk To Kevin". We need to talk about this movie!! Don't waste your time. Tilda Swinton (strange lady with big ugly feet) was nominated for some kind of supporting award and John C. Reilly was in it too........Big waste of 112 minutes..

Tilda Swinton reminds me of the male version of Gwynth Paltrow.....except she's a female.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Went to see "What To Expect When You Are Expecting" this afternoon. It was much better than I thought it would be although it is definitely not a "must see". Wait for it to come out on Netflix.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Saw this one today. Excellent movie. Charlize Theron and Kirsten Stewart both turn in stellar performances in a well written/directed/cast movie which is told from the perspective of the wicked witch. The special effects are outstanding. It is rated PG-13---I think had it been rated R it would have been a darker (and perhaps better) movie but they would have lost part of their potential audience. If you are looking for something to do this weekend I suggest adding this to your list.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Summer's Movies...........

The Watch......Suburban dads, Richard Ayoade, Vince Vaughn, Ben Stiller and Jonah Hill form a neighborhood watch group as a way to get out of their day-to-day routines - and find themselves defending Earth from an alien invasion. (opens July 27)

The Dark Knight Rises......Eight years after Batman (Chrisian Bale) took the fall for the crimes of his nemesis, Two-Face, a new criminal leader, Bane,overwhelms Gotham's finest, and the Dark Knight resurfaces to protect a city that believes he's an enemy. (opens July 20)

Savages......Pot growers Ben and Chon face off against the Mexican drug cartel that kidnapped their shared girlfriend. An ensemble cast includes John Travolta (wonder if he's the girlfriend?), Benicio del Toro, Salma Hayek and Blae Lively. (opens July 6)

Rock of Ages......The big screen version of the Broadway musical follows a waitress and busboy as they fall in love during the pop metal era of the 80's. Tom Cruise plays fading rock legend Stacee Jaxx, lead singer of the band Arsenal. (opens June 15)

Hope Springs..........After 31 years of marriage, a middle-aged couple (Meryl Streep and Tommy Lee Jones) sign up for week-long counseling sessions to save their floundering union. Funnyman Steve Carell is their therapist. (opens Aug. 10)

Total Recall......The remake of the Schwarzenegger film doesn't take place on Mars but right here on Earth in the future when two nations vie for supremacy. Factory worker Colin Farrell has all-too-real nightmares that he's a spy, but he's unaware which side he's on. (opens August 3)

moreluck

golden ticket member
I'd watch Charlize Theron read the phone book.
She has an interesting background...

Theron became a US citizen in 2007, while retaining her South African citizenship.
Her father died on 21 June 1991, after he was shot by Theron's mother. Theron's father, an alcoholic,[SUP][6][/SUP] physically attacked her mother and threatened both women while drunk. The shooting was legally adjudged to have been self-defense and her mother faced no charges.[SUP][7]

moreluck

golden ticket member
Like the old guy that was kicked out of the kid's book section because he didn't have a kid with him!!

Man Kicked Out of Barnes & Noble First Domino Against Men - Yahoo! News