Necro's old things

menotyou

bella amicizia
Well maybe they're just trying to butter you up to date their nice young (grand)son/daughter?

I'd love if I could get discounts on seafood, salmon is not cheap but oh so good.
Salmon is free around here, right now. Just toss a line in and you'll probably catch one.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Yes, they ask for ID---I don't mind getting carded for discounted seafood. Of course, if I were to show up at 4 in the afternoon and only drink water with my meal they would assume that I was a senior citizen.:wink2:

Yeah and get the early bird special and take home crackers and tea bags LOL

packageguy

Lots of stores here require id for any alcohol purchase by anyone. I mean anyone. Fastrac and some others have to scan it into their system as a company policy.

even at places that don't have that policy, I get proofed normally. I always thank them as its been a while since I was 21. :bigsmile2:

In our hearts you will always be Forever 21

Lots of stores here require id for any alcohol purchase by anyone. I mean anyone. Fastrac and some others have to scan it into their system as a company policy.

even at places that don't have that policy, I get proofed normally. I always thank them as its been a while since I was 21. :bigsmile2:
At your age whatever it is I can guarantee you are as hot if not hotter than any 21 year old.

DS

Fenderbender
I was not sure where to post this,but it is old stuff.My wife's son is going to be an english teacher.
He asked the other day who "Tolstoy" was....I made a quiz for him and here it is.

English literary quiz
The following quotes are from books by famous authors.
Name the author,and book they are taken from.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 ''It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair.''

2 ''If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll probably want to know is where I was born, and what my lousy childhood was like, and how my parents were occupied and all before they had me, and all that David Copperfield kind of crap, but I don't feel like going into it, if you want to know the truth.''

3 ''Call me Ishmael.''

4 ''All happy families are alike; each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.''

5 ''You don't know about me without you have read a book by the name of The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, but that ain't no matter.''

6 ''It was a pleasure to burn.''

7 ''It was a queer, sultry summer, the summer they electrocuted the Rosenbergs, and I didn't know what I was doing in New York.''

8 ''We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.''

9 'You better not never tell nobody but God.''

10 ''In our family, there was no clear line between religion and fly-fishing.''

Last edited:

Necropostophiliac

Does anyone know what this is, and how to use it?
120998760607_1_1_1.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
My dad used a slide rule in his time study job at the URW back in the dinosaur days. Hubby had one in his "pocket protector"(remember those?) in his engineering classes at Kent State.

Never knew how to use them, but was having to learn to use the mortgage calculator when the more complicated HP calculators first came out....

They came in a nice cover and were more expensive when I had to get one (realtor) and they were harder to use than the reg. calculators, but every loan officer had one.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I only got the cheaper one
The best Mo .15 cents for the glider maybe a quater for the one with the rubberband propeller .Usually got stock in a tree along with the paper kites we bought and made for a quater and the homade parachutes we made from rags ,strings and washers ( for weight)

rod

Retired 22 years
Remember balsa wood airplanes with a rubber band wind up propeller?
This pic is just the glider one.
125115695868281196_9Il3nmd9_b.jpg

I still have 2 of them that we play with when the grandkids visit. Best thing I ever did was make an attachment for my cordless drill so I don't have to spend so much time winding up the rubber band by hand. I'm looking to repace the rubberbands and I know I saw replacements at some big box store but I can't remember which one. I also have a plane that is called an Air Hog. It has a see-through engine on it that runs on compressed air. I got tired of using the hand pump that came with it so I started using my shop air compressor to charge it. So far it hasn't blown up on me:wink2:

moreluck

golden ticket member
The lethal Caddy.........see those fins in back? Just back a mobster into a wall ad let the questioning begin. Wrong answer? Throw it in revese and hit the gas pedal!!

Vroom ! Vroom!!