New Video! WTF are the METHODS? (Package Drivers Only)

twotwofour

Who came up with the methods in the first place? the company or the union?
What’s their origin? How long have they been around, and why did someone feel the need to write them down? Are they objectively the best standard to deliver parcels?

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Supposedly they are revising/condensing the methods, supposed to down to like 180 or something. That's what our DM told us like a year ago. Haven't seen anything about it yet.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
What’s their origin? How long have they been around, and why did someone feel the need to write them down? Are they objectively the best standard to deliver parcels?
Moses

Thebrownblob

I’ve been told hourly and management played a part in them, I’m not certain, but I do know the more you use the better off you are. They are your friend.

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

25+ Year UPSer and Teamster
I imagine they have to admit someday that following Orion negates half the methods.
There are definitely contradictions. I heard that part of the reason that the driver that was fired ten years ago and was "reinstated" right before peak was was helped by those contradictions. Though I can't recall if that came into play then or in the beginning of it when the reason(s) he was fired for were deemed BS but his termination was upheld anyway because of his social media posts. Either way.....it was acknowledged that some of the methods "violations" management attempted to fire him over were nonsense due to those contradictions.

542thruNthru

Just sit in the corner and lick your eyebrows
tenor-16.gif