New Year’s Eve working

JL 0513

Cuz those are holidays we work on but dont observe. Working holiday means a holiday the company observes but some still work. Get paid holiday pay but if you work you also get time and a half depending on your local.

In my local, the term "Working Holiday" refers to Columbus day, Veterans day and now Black Friday. These are the only Holidays that we work in which we get paid Holiday pay while also paid time and a half for worked hours. All other Holidays unobserved by UPS is straight time (which is pathetic for a union job while millions of non-union workers get many of those holidays off paid). In our contract books, those aren't referred to as working Holidays although the term makes sense.

Whither

Scofflaw
So many weaklings opt to get paid code 05
Guess what if you're going to force me in and I want to get every last friend* nickel a can off of
Amen brother! Easy money and even sweeter this year for those of us who get another 3 day weekend. I wouldn't mind a bit if the snow forecasted here for Friday arrived a day early :wink-very:

BrownStains

please provide me training and show me the proper safety methods and standards for doing this job. thank you. thatll kill a little time....for every task that doesnt directly involve your job title
Work as directed . But I’m sure we can find a little Training demonstration video for ya .

McBomb

I'm a pre-loader getting forced-in (still debating calling in, that's another story), but this is Article 40 that they are using to only pay us straight time and to apparently not guarantee us our 3 and a half hours part-time employees are usually guaranteed to get. The beginning of Article 40 says it supersedes everything else in the national and supplemental contracts.

What's really questionable is that the article itself has no special language for part-time employees, all it says is air drivers and support workers get paid straight time plus their holiday pay (oh but if you're forced in with less than a year seniority you don't get holiday pay either, so they can force you in 45 for minutes straight time and then that's it if that's all they have) and the overtime rules are written for after 8 hours as if the article was designed to only apply to drivers.

So anyway, anyone talking about time and a half or double time is wrong as it's this is a special holiday air operation. It's double in the sense you get your holiday pay, but you would have gotten that anyway (unless you don't have a year, which is actually a decent bet for the people low enough on the seniority list to get forced in).

Attachments

• article40.png
    article40.png
    121.1 KB · Views: 61

McBomb

Sorry, here is also the part where it says it overrides everything else in the national and supplemental contracts.

Attachments

• article40.png
    article40.png
    68.5 KB · Views: 60

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'm a pre-loader getting forced-in (still debating calling in, that's another story), but this is Article 40 that they are using to only pay us straight time and to apparently not guarantee us our 3 and a half hours part-time employees are usually guaranteed to get. The beginning of Article 40 says it supersedes everything else in the national and supplemental contracts.

What's really questionable is that the article itself has no special language for part-time employees, all it says is air drivers and support workers get paid straight time plus their holiday pay (oh but if you're forced in with less than a year seniority you don't get holiday pay either, so they can force you in 45 for minutes straight time and then that's it if that's all they have) and the overtime rules are written for after 8 hours as if the article was designed to only apply to drivers.

So anyway, anyone talking about time and a half or double time is wrong as it's this is a special holiday air operation. It's double in the sense you get your holiday pay, but you would have gotten that anyway (unless you don't have a year, which is actually a decent bet for the people low enough on the seniority list to get forced in).
I will get double time plus holiday pay. Same as Black Friday

McBomb

If your center is running a regular day you will.

Ours already told us they were using this. Yours could too, but maybe you have enough volume for it to not be this air only thing.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If your center is running a regular day you will.

Ours already told us they were using this. Yours could too, but maybe you have enough volume for it to not be this air only thing.
It’s air only. I will be paid double time. Same as all of the years I worked it.

Back From Break

Part timers are screwed, but package drivers get the supplemental Holiday rate, which is usually time and a half or double time, plus the Holiday pay.

Article 40 Section 1(j)(2)

Package car drivers who work on a holiday may make a written request for an eight (8) hour guarantee. Such written request shall be made the last work day prior to the holiday. All time worked by these drivers on a holiday will be paid at the Supplemental holiday rate.