No negotiations until 22nd!?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Been here nearly a decade. Don't get used and abused nearly as often as my first few years. I can just see the writing on the wall with this contract. Part timers are going to get a nice bump and RPCDs are going to get somewhere around $1 or so annual raises. That is why it is a no vote for me. And if that is how it plays out, I don't know why any full timer would vote yes. Unless there's multiple improvements to other aspects, such as, additional vacations, personal day, sick days, etc. I don't see any of that happening.

Take a breath there Drh you’re kind of putting the cart in front of horse
Let’s see the proposal then if you don’t like it you can go all Randy Savage on it if
It makes you feel better

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Been here nearly a decade. Don't get used and abused nearly as often as my first few years. I can just see the writing on the wall with this contract. Part timers are going to get a nice bump and RPCDs are going to get somewhere around $1 or so annual raises. That is why it is a no vote for me. And if that is how it plays out, I don't know why any full timer would vote yes. Unless there's multiple improvements to other aspects, such as, additional vacations, personal day, sick days, etc. I don't see any of that happening.
You will do what the union tells you

nWo

Nothing of any consequence has even been negotiated yet. I think the company is nervous and senses a different vibe. My update prediction is they get a handshake agreement within the last few days but the membership votes it down because the RPCD wages is not enough.

Everybody thinks, based on headlines, it’s all about increasing part-time wages, probably to show amazon workers what the Teamsters can do for them. Problem is most of them don’t vote. RPCDS in my building are not happy about this but it’s all speculation with probably some truth to it.

The starting pay being increased does not hurt you. Everyone will get a raise. The overwhelming majority of RPCDs did not vote last time either. So singling out the pt workforce seems silly.

But when's the last time the top out pay wasn't increased? It goes up every year. It's going to continue to go up.

Thebrownblob

I have to give it to you. You're really committing to this bit.
He’s like a mime although I can’t hear him because he’s blocked to me lol
1684536702700.gif

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
100% agree $20 an hour won't fix anything. I don't know if any amount of money will. A lot of these people just don't care anymore.
All it will do is cause the company to be balls to the wall with their expectations of loading quality. Meaning they will probably let people go in the loading and sort and cause an even worse staffing shortage. New hires will be screwed.

evilleace

All it will do is cause the company to be balls to the wall with their expectations of loading quality. Meaning they will probably let people go in the loading and sort and cause an even worse staffing shortage. New hires will be screwed.
I wish there was even an expectation of load quality anymore.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Cut preload nation wide, bring back driver sort n load. Dispatch everyone accordingly, add routes so the 22.4s can be converted.

Pullman Brown

The starting pay being increased does not hurt you. Everyone will get a raise. The overwhelming majority of RPCDs did not vote last time either. So singling out the pt workforce seems silly.

But when's the last time the top out pay wasn't increased? It goes up every year. It's going to continue to go up.

1. Never said it would hurt me, obviously everyone will get a raise that wasn’t what I said. It was the vibe and conversation with RPCDs on the AMOUNT of the raise.

2. Add all the votes last contract and I guarantee you it’s full-timers for the win. Did you read what I said. Stop taking stuff out of context. The point was that more full timers vote then part-timers and if RPCD’s don’t like the wage increase they could vote it down because they would have the votes. It’s was just a meaningless prediction.

I said nothing about RPCDs not getting a raise. Again go back and read what I said and stop creating straw man arguments.

nWo

1. Never said it would hurt me, obviously everyone will get a raise that wasn’t what I said. It was the vibe and conversation with RPCDs on the AMOUNT of the raise.

2. Add all the votes last contract and I guarantee you it’s full-timers for the win. Did you read what I said. Stop taking stuff out of context. The point was that more full timers vote then part-timers and if RPCD’s don’t like the wage increase they could vote it down because they would have the votes. It’s was just a meaningless prediction.

I said nothing about RPCDs not getting a raise. Again go back and read what I said and stop creating straw man arguments.

... Im sorry. I didn't even present any argument.

Just pointing out that most full-timers don't vote either.