Not my Union

HarryWarden

I can’t argue with the gains we have made in this contract, or the fact that the raise are truly historic. But the fact from my pov is that the wage increase for myself (a ft top rate driver) is only 2 dollars more than the last raises we got compared to massive ones being given to people who don’t even work for us yet is a huge letdown when you think about all of crap of the past 4 years and the record profits that sob screamed about! I don’t know! I’m voting yes simply because I know that you will not be able to please everyone and like I said I don’t think that a strike will change that!
Part time starting wage didn’t raise a cent for 30 years, there’s lots of catching up to do

Brown Circus

Shh...It’s peak and I’m hunting logic
Part time starting wage didn’t get raise a cent for 30 years, there’s lots of catching up to do
Yes but in doing so you are slapping tenured pters in the face. A 5 dollar catch up raise across all paychecks would have been less confusing and much more satisfying

nWo

I can’t argue with the gains we have made in this contract, or the fact that the raise are truly historic. But the fact from my pov is that the wage increase for myself (a ft top rate driver) is only 2 dollars more than the last raises we got compared to massive ones being given to people who don’t even work for us yet is a huge letdown when you think about all of crap of the past 4 years and the record profits that sob screamed about! I don’t know! I’m voting yes simply because I know that you will not be able to please everyone and like I said I don’t think that a strike will change that!

Pretty sure the raises in the 2018 contract totaled $4.15.

The 2023 TA raises total $7.50. That's $3.35 more.

We could factor in the COLA increases but we can also get COLA increases in the new TA.

And it stayed at $8.50 from 1980 until 2013
Yes it did

You can't get everything in one contract but it's starting to improve

You said you've been part-time for about 10 years or so they also had a nice increase on the part-time pension
Screenshot_20230726-151658.png

Non liberal

This is a good point! After having time to cool off and process, I feel like the only real option for people who are disappointed with SOB screaming about how much is owed to us and then screaming about how great this agreement is would be to vote him out but realistically there’s no way striking is going to fix anything!
Don’t have to strike. Just vote it down and make them come up with something better.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Be aware that this p/t pension formula cited by PT Stewie applies to those retiring at age 65! The 25, 30 and 35 service pension benefits have no "bump up" between those years if you are under age 65. For example, if you are age 55 and retire with 34-1/2 years of service, you receive only the 30 year service benefit ($55X30).

If you are currently a full time employee and also have vested part-time years, I would strongly encourage you to write to the corp. retirement office in Atlanta and request a copy of all "Reciprocity Agreements" between the Union and Company pension plans. Hopefully, this should take the guesswork out of the computations. If anyone gets a copy of the Reciprocity Agreements, maybe you could please post the agreements on this forum.

Yes it did

You can't get everything in one contract but it's starting to improve

You said you've been part-time for about 10 years or so they also had a nice increase on the part-time pension
View attachment 439981

No quite sure about that…

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Cezanne, I found out the hard way on this: I planned to retire at age 55 with 33 years of service. (You don't receive the health care if you retire before age 55.) To my astonishment, you can receive the service benefit retirement for 25, 30, or 35 years of service at any age, but if you want to retire with other years of service (in between those years) the reductions that you mention apply. In my case, with 33 years of service they gave me the choice of receiving the 30 year service benefit or a 33 year pension with the entire 33 years reduced by 6% per year for every year under age 65. The result is that if you retire under the age of 65, there is no "bump" up in the retirement benefit for the years in between 30 and 35 years of service. If you are under age 65 and retire with 34-1/2 years of service, you will still receive only the 30 year service pension benefit.

Also the increase to $60 per month per year of service, included in the last contract, does not apply if you are under age 65 and applying for one of the service benefit retirements for 25, 30 or 35 years of service.

There is so much confusion on the issue that I made a written request to the UPS Retirement Dept. in Atlanta for a copy of the Teamsters/UPS pension "Reciprocity Agreements". Although the agreements exist in writing, they refused to give them to me because I have no full time years to reciprocate. I would strongly urge someone on this forum to request these agreements from the UPS Atlanta Retirement Department so that we can see whether these agreements also depend upon you being age 65 at retirement to receive the full benefit.

Please read @tardus posts..good information on the part timers pension plan..

:nervoussmiley::nervoussmiley::nervoussmiley:

cynz

I'm parttime 32yrs. I think this is one of the best contracts. We don't have a cap on pt wages in the western. I agree UPS got away with keeping the starting wage at 8.00 for years. But we all get the increases every year. Some people were saying part timers don't care about the health insurance I disagree. When I first started, we were all college students I did care I had 3 kids.
I am very thankful for this job; I do earn every penny. Manual labor, terrible working conditions, constant disrespect from management. We have 28 sups for one shift.
I'm getting 4.25 raise an hr plus pension, healthcare vacations, sick days, holiday pay and we also get pacific coast. .40 cents for every hour I work goes into another account. We get a 5 percent discount if we buy UPS stock.
The best is getting rid of 22.4, I thought that was the absolute worst bs, none of our 22.4 worked inside they all drove full time.
I've bid on 6 combo jobs, even though I had more company seniority it went to guys from another building who had more combo seniority. Bummed but I stand by seniority.
I tried driving I was told too slow even though the senior drivers told me I made it. 140 stops with average 350 pkgs in by 6pm.
Drove on sat for a while.
This was a really good contract, with taking away camaras, more sure post pkgs, pt and ft being able to transfer,7500 fulltime jobs and pvp language.
I told mgt, CEO took away all management perks to pay for our raises.

Brown Circus

Shh...It’s peak and I’m hunting logic
I'm parttime 32yrs. I think this is one of the best contracts. We don't have a cap on pt wages in the western. I agree UPS got away with keeping the starting wage at 8.00 for years. But we all get the increases every year. Some people were saying part timers don't care about the health insurance I disagree. When I first started, we were all college students I did care I had 3 kids.
I am very thankful for this job; I do earn every penny. Manual labor, terrible working conditions, constant disrespect from management. We have 28 sups for one shift.
I'm getting 4.25 raise an hr plus pension, healthcare vacations, sick days, holiday pay and we also get pacific coast. .40 cents for every hour I work goes into another account. We get a 5 percent discount if we buy UPS stock.
The best is getting rid of 22.4, I thought that was the absolute worst bs, none of our 22.4 worked inside they all drove full time.
I've bid on 6 combo jobs, even though I had more company seniority it went to guys from another building who had more combo seniority. Bummed but I stand by seniority.
I tried driving I was told too slow even though the senior drivers told me I made it. 140 stops with average 350 pkgs in by 6pm.
Drove on sat for a while.
This was a really good contract, with taking away camaras, more sure post pkgs, pt and ft being able to transfer,7500 fulltime jobs and pvp language.
I told mgt, CEO took away all management perks to pay for our raises.
Ladies and gentlemen please give a warm welcome to Seaaaaaaaaaaaaan OOOOO’briiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeen!

Brown Down

Go to Walmart. Someone with 4 years in is making more than a new hire. Amazon, someone with 4 years in is making 3+ dollars more than a new hire. Pick a place and ask someone with 5+ years in if they make what new hires make and they will laugh at you and say no. Yet ups teamsters can only get bare minimum for everyone employed since 2014
and both of those places have production standards. don't meet them, goodbye. hell if they don't like you, goodbye.

Thebrownblob

Go to Walmart. Someone with 4 years in is making more than a new hire. Amazon, someone with 4 years in is making 3+ dollars more than a new hire. Pick a place and ask someone with 5+ years in if they make what new hires make and they will laugh at you and say no. Yet ups teamsters can only get bare minimum for everyone employed since 2014
Somebody had to win it. Congratulations.
1690596937387.jpeg