Not my Union

Trucker Clock

My wage is tied to the FT car wash wage.

I was wrong and I admit it. Did not know the pre 82 will not get the $1.50. Everything else is black and white in the contract.

(2) Any seniority part-time employee below twenty-one dollars ($21.00) after the application of the general wage increase shall be raised to the minimum of twenty-one dollars ($21.00) and shall thereafter be eligible for the above general wage increases and the one-time longevity increase below. (3) After application of the GWI and the minimum twentyone dollar ($21.00) rate, the following one-time longevity increases shall become a part of the applicable employee’s base wage rate, based on their original hire date: Five (5) up to ten (10) years of service (YOS)-fifty cents ($0.50) per hour Ten (10) up to fifteen (15) YOS–one dollar ($1.00) per hour Over fifteen (15) YOS-one dollar and fifty cents ($1.50) per hour. The applicable longevity increase will be applied for each eligible employee on August 1, 2023.

Non liberal

What is this talking point, we worked through covid. Explain exactly what your meaning. Because the reality is, we didnt loose our jobs during a fake pandemic where most people lost their jobs, homes, cars, savings got a shot that if your paying attention is causing real problems for alot of people, most people's world economically were turned upside down. So again explain how anyone at ups suffered?
Because while I am aware everyone’s situation is different. We worked through covid when nobody knew what was going on, how you would be affected if you got sick. Yes, it is good we kept making money, however most of the people I knew got checks from the government for sitting at home a few weeks while we figured everything out. We didn’t get that choice. So we should be compensated for that with hazard pay, like some people received. Or frontline worker pay, whatever it is called. And as far as the pandemic being fake. It was not fake, it was very real. I knew quite a few people who died, or almost died because of it. It was planned, but not fake.

Bag_Tosser

You're getting $7.50. And who is starting at $16/hr FT? Who is even taking a paycut to go 22.3?
How is it a paycut? the language surrounding PT going into a FT inside position states that, if the PT wage is higher, they get paid that same rate until progression exceeds it.

also, TA states that the 22.3 starting rate is 23.00. I don't know why we're discussing a contract that will be dead soon.

Trucker Clock

I don't know why we're discussing a contract that will be dead soon.

Because we're discussing the next contract.

The PTers do not have the votes to turn this down. The only way it is getting turned down is if the FTers, who aren't happy with their raises, turn it down.

We told UPS that we would strike for you, for the PTer wage rate. The National Negotiating Committee agreed to a TA with the Company that gave you guys a pretty decent raises. Our elected officials recommend this contract.

We did our part. If you now expect us to strike for you to get a few more dollars, more than what the negotiating committee agreed to, well, good luck with that. Hell, the Union won't even have your back. You will be labeled ungrateful SOB's.

And then it will go back to the ways it's always been. Screw those ungrateful PTers. We, as FTers, will take our big raises and give those ungrateful PTers nothing. And they won't be able to do anything about it. Because they don't have the voting numbers.

Let me let you in on a little secret. It is still this way. The only reason the Union fought to get you bigger raises was because they wanted to show Amazon and FedEx what a Union can do for them. You were just being used as pawns. They really don't care about you because you don't vote, in numbers, on the contracts nor for the elected officials.

And we, as FTers, stood up for you once. If you want to bitch and moan about it now, don't count on us standing up for you again.

anonymous23456

It will be interesting to see in 5 years how many senior people are around. Most will be retiring. PT people will be in charged. If you think it is hard now, it will be worse in 5 years. LOL

Bag_Tosser

Because we're discussing the next contract.

The PTers do not have the votes to turn this down. The only way it is getting turned down is if the FTers, who aren't happy with their raises, turn it down.

We told UPS that we would strike for you, for the PTer wage rate. The National Negotiating Committee agreed to a TA with the Company that gave you guys a pretty decent raises. Our elected officials recommend this contract.

We did our part. If you now expect us to strike for you to get a few more dollars, more than what the negotiating committee agreed to, well, good luck with that. Hell, the Union won't even have your back. You will be labeled ungrateful SOB's.

And then it will go back to the ways it's always been. Screw those ungrateful PTers. We, as FTers, will take our big raises and give those ungrateful PTers nothing. And they won't be able to do anything about it. Because they don't have the voting numbers.

Let me let you in on a little secret. It is still this way. The only reason the Union fought to get you bigger raises was because they wanted to show Amazon and FedEx what a Union can do for them. You were just being used as pawns. They really don't care about you because you don't vote, in numbers, on the contracts nor for the elected officials.

And we, as FTers, stood up for you once. If you want to bitch and moan about it now, don't count on us standing up for you again.
Whoa, slow down there slugger, I'm voting yes on this contract. No bitching and moaning from me.
also, in the entirety of your response you did nothing to answer my question as to how the pay scale works for a PT entering a 22.3 position. It's my understanding that, if my current rate is higher than 22.3 starting rate, then I retain my current rate until progression exceeds it. Is that how it works?

Because i've seen multiple people believe that taking a 22.3 position is a paycut, and they cite the $16/hr rate even though that rate will expire when the new contract goes into effect.

Trucker Clock

Whoa, slow down there slugger, I'm voting yes on this contract. No bitching and moaning from me.
also, in the entirety of your response you did nothing to answer my question as to how the pay scale works for a PT entering a 22.3 position. It's my understanding that, if my current rate is higher than 22.3 starting rate, then I retain my current rate until progression exceeds it. Is that how it works?

Because i've seen multiple people believe that taking a 22.3 position is a paycut, and they cite the $16/hr rate even though that rate will expire when the new contract goes into effect.

I took your statement about a contract that will be dead soon meaning that you were one of the no voters. Sorry.

And the 22.3 thing...

Other part-time employees who bid into a full-time inside job covered by this Section will be red circled at their current wage rate until such time as the calculated progression rate set forth below exceeds that rate.

Looks like the new start rate is $23

HarryWarden

Irony is that many of the p/t argument is that they should make as much as a friend/t driver and now they are mad that someone in the same classification is making the same or close. We have p/t employees making mid 30's right now complaining about someone getting $21. I just don't see the argument.

P/T employees care about the extras once they get to a certain point and sometimes the only reason they stay. Some own their own businesses and need the health benefits for them and their families. Only now are most of them recognizing the benefit of the p/t pension.
Please show me one person making mid $30s whose complaining that a part timer getting $21 is too much. Just one

Brown Circus

Shh...It’s peak and I’m hunting logic
The media is not going to have our backs if we strike because we think a $9 wage increase isn't enough. We will look like entitled fools.
This is a good point! After having time to cool off and process, I feel like the only real option for people who are disappointed with SOB screaming about how much is owed to us and then screaming about how great this agreement is would be to vote him out but realistically there’s no way striking is going to fix anything!