Nothingness Fluff ,part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldngray

nowhere special
Usually it is my wife's birthday, Dec 19th, or there abouts.

It used to be about a week before Christmas but now people wait until the last minute to order and still expect to get it delivered. Peak will probably be 22md or 23rd. 24th will get hammered with air (more than one wave) but no pickups saves some time.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I really hate Sears repair guys. They are subcontractors and extremely unreliable.
Funny you should mention that. Sears subcontracts out to a dinky appliance repair business. My dryer is shutting off in mid cycle. I checked for blockage in the exhaust vent. That wasn't it. I scheduled the first repair visit on Nov 19th. No show. I rescheduled for Nov. 24th. The tech cleaned a little lint out of the back of the dryer and said that should fix it. It didn't. rescheduled for Dec 1. He came out. Same guy. He didn't even look at it. Said it sounds like a motor problem. I'm going to have to contact Sears to find out whet they want me to do. He starts to walk out. I say whoa whoa, there scooter! What am I going to do with 3 weeks of dirty clothes piling up? He left. I call Sears all over the country. Being an old retired fart, I have a LOT of time to make phone calls. Sears end up sending me a $50.00 check and I told them I didn't want this subcontractor to set foot in my house again. Today will be a sears employee, supposedly. We will see.

oldngray

nowhere special
Funny you should mention that. Sears subcontracts out to a dinky appliance repair business. My dryer is shutting off in mid cycle. I checked for blockage in the exhaust vent. That wasn't it. I scheduled the first repair visit on Nov 19th. No show. I rescheduled for Nov. 24th. The tech cleaned a little lint out of the back of the dryer and said that should fix it. It didn't. rescheduled for Dec 1. He came out. Same guy. He didn't even look at it. Said it sounds like a motor problem. I'm going to have to contact Sears to find out whet they want me to do. He starts to walk out. I say whoa whoa, there scooter! What am I going to do with 3 weeks of dirty clothes piling up? He left. I call Sears all over the country. Being an old retired fart, I have a LOT of time to make phone calls. Sears end up sending me a $50.00 check and I told them I didn't want this subcontractor to set foot in my house again. Today will be a sears employee, supposedly. We will see.

It might cost more to repair than your dryer is worth but Sears will stall about replacing it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Man I'm in the market for a new washer and dryer. I don't even want to buy one because of the horror stories I hear about all of the new stuff.

oldngray

nowhere special
The new stuff has so much electronic crap to break. I just want a washer and dryer where all I need to do is push a button to start.

oldngray

nowhere special
Dryer is 3 years old. still under warranty. I'll be damned if i'm paying any $$$ for fixing it.

How much did you pay for that warranty? I never mess with those. When it breaks in 10 or 15 years I just replace it. If it is a bad one you should find out the first month or so then it should last for years.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
How much did you pay for that warranty? I never mess with those. When it breaks in 10 or 15 years I just replace it. If it is a bad one you should find out the first month or so then it should last for years.
I'm not sure. The wife is the one that likes warranties. I don't usually buy them either.

Status
Not open for further replies.