Nothingness Fluff ,part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
And you just named 2. If MLK day is politically correct so are all the others. Nice try though.;)
You know... You will never change the way we believe, just as we'll never change the way you believe. With that said, why don't you lighten up and try to have fun. It won't kill you.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I remember on MLK day I was making a delivery and an old white woman said "Why do 'they' have 'their' own holiday?" I told her the only problem I have with MLK Day is that I have to work. I would like to have both Veteran's Day and Martin Luther King Day off but you know and I know that is not going to happen. If UPS picks one, it will be the one that makes them look good.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
What does a tornado and a black family have in common?

It only takes one to ruin a neighborhood.;)
image.jpg

Catatonic

Nine Lives
So honoring America's most influential and celebrated civil rights leader is politically correct? SMH. BTW HE WAS A SOLDIER.
We celebrate General Lee's birthday down here on MLK Day
We celebrated God Lee's birthday down here for a hundred years before MLK came along.
After MLK Day was established, the states moved the celebration of Lee's birthday to the day after Thanksgiving.
Ironic that the two heroes have birthdays so close.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
We celebrate General Lee's birthday down here on MLK Day
We celebrated God Lee's birthday down here for a hundred years before MLK came along.
After MLK Day was established, the states moved the celebration of Lee's birthday to the day after Thanksgiving.
Ironic that the two heroes have birthdays so close.
My state has Lee-Jackson Day, then three days later, MLK Day. They used to celebrate all three on the same day until the PC police made a fuss.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I remember on MLK day I was making a delivery and an old white woman said "Why do 'they' have 'their' own holiday?" I told her the only problem I have with MLK Day is that I have to work. I would like to have both Veteran's Day and Martin Luther King Day off but you know and I know that is not going to happen. If UPS picks one, it will be the one that makes them look good.
Our few black drivers are always given MLK day off.

Never seen a veteran offered Veterans Day off.

Status
Not open for further replies.